RIP Beemerdons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't cut and paste at work, but it looks like Dons funeral will be on 1/16/16 @ 10:30 Valley of the Sun mortuary and Cemetery.

Check Don's FB page, his sister updated it.

Still can't believe that he's gone

this is it from Facebook:

Mary Dunnto Don Stanley

28 mins ·

The funeral and burial for Don Stanley has been rescheduled due to delays in Mexico. His funeral service will be Saturday, January 16, 2016 @ 10:30AM at Valley of the Sun Mortuary and Cemetery 10940 E. Chandler Heights Road, Chandler AZ. www.valleyofthesunfuneralhome.com If anyone needs to arrange a flight, the funeral home works with a travel agent to arrange bereavement travel at the lowest cost. If interested, just call 1-800-224-4177 and give them Don's name and the reference # is 4044. Feel free to contact me if you have questions. Thank you for all of your prayers and comments!

Home - Valley of the Sun Mortuary & Cemetery
The Dignity Memorial™ network of more than 1,600 funeral, cremation and cemetery service providers is North America’s most trusted resource for funeral,…
dignitymemorial.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the post from AZ Beemers. There will also be a wake at Brian Boles afterward. Brian probably sent more time riding with Don than anyone else over the years and everyone is invited.

Everyone, the date and time for Don's services has been finalized.

The services will be Saturday January 16th at 10:30 AM. Services will be held at

Valley of the Sun Mortuary
10940 E. Chandler Heights Rd.
Chandler, AZ 85248
480-895-9232

Here is the memorial page.
https://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Donald-STANLEY&lc=4044&pid=177056787&mid=6732343

As previously stated, a wake will be held at our house immediately afterwards.

Brian and Melanie Boles
3340 N. 89th Pl.
Mesa, AZ 85207
480-861-2816

Again, please pass this info on to the other forums that you have access to.

We hope to see everyone there to celebrate Don's amazing life and friendship.

Dang! I'm burying my Dad the same day so I won't be able to attend. I'm with DC, glad this Christmas is over......

I had some memorial stickers made up and they should arrive on Wednesday. I would be happy to share them at no cost with as many people as would like them, one per person, until they're gone. I've probably got 90 to share. I will pay for the stickers and the postage, and I will not keep your address after I've sent the sticker. I am not in the business of any commerce, and do not have any interest in keeping a mailing list for any purpose.

So ... if you would like one, and if by the time you ask, I still have any, I will send you one. PM me with your address.

The stickers are 3" tall by 4.5" wide ovals, supposedly waterproof. The field is white. There is a blue border oval nearly at the edge. At the top it reads RIP BeemerDonS in small bold type. In the middle it reads JSNS in large bold type. At the bottom it reads 1948 - 2015.

I am going to stick one on the bottom of the extended license plate holder and take Don along with me on future rides.

I copied this from the AZBeemers administrator Brian Boles. Although Don has more friends than be counted, few knew him as well as Brian.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone, the date and time for Don's services has been finalized.

The services will be Saturday January 16th at 10:30 AM. Services will be held at

Valley of the Sun Mortuary
10940 E. Chandler Heights Rd.
Chandler, AZ 85248
480-895-9232

Here is the memorial page.
https://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Donald-STANLEY&lc=4044&pid=177056787&mid=6732343

As previously stated, a wake will be held at our house immediately afterwards.

Brian and Melanie Boles
3340 N. 89th Pl.
Mesa, AZ 85207
480-861-2816

Again, please pass this info on to the other forums that you have access to.

We hope to see everyone there to celebrate Don's amazing life and friendship.

Report to moderator
ip.gif
Rgds, Brian. Mesa, AZ

Thanks for posting the details from Brian. I've taken the liberty of adding this to the thread I'd started over on the K1600Forum.

I've still got some stickers that have not been claimed yet (see my post just before Big-D's). If you want one, PM me with your address.

FYI....on the memorial page link above, is where you can leave a personal message. After you submit your message, there will be a link to purchase flowers through FTD florists. They make it easier by having Don's name and funeral home already filled in for you. They have a variety of arrangements and pricing to fit most everyone.

Just thought I would pass it on.

I'm planning on arriving on Friday evening and returning home on Sunday evening. Yes, Barb and I will be sharing a room and we know Don with give a hearty, HUBBA HUBBA & HUBBA!
wub.png

EDIT: Looking for a closer place to the wake instead of the memorial service.

UPDATE: Best Western Apache Junction.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm planning on arriving on Friday evening and returning home on Sunday evening. There is a Holiday Inn about 2 miles from the mortuary so I'm going to make a reservation today for me and Barb... yes, Barb and I will be sharing a room and we know Don with give a hearty, HUBBA HUBBA & HUBBA!
wub.png
i feel a reeeeeeeelly bad hangover coming on....

I'm planning on arriving on Friday evening and returning home on Sunday evening. There is a Holiday Inn about 2 miles from the mortuary so I'm going to make a reservation today for me and Barb... yes, Barb and I will be sharing a room and we know Don with give a hearty, HUBBA HUBBA & HUBBA!
wub.png
i feel a reeeeeeeelly bad hangover coming on....
If you don't have one you should be ashamed. It is going to be an Irish wake after all! I can tell you I was hurting on the 26th. I bought a bottle of Jameson in his honor and drank the whole thing! I didn't fall down either!

damn, Intech, I have liked too many posts today. WTF is up with that crap?

I call BS that you didn't fall down, or over, or at least stub a toe

JSNS

JSNS
His memory might not "be all that it can be" with the liquid impairment going on.

He's just lucky he doesn't have a magic marker picture on his face.

JSNS
His memory might not "be all that it can be" with the liquid impairment going on.

LOLOL

JSNS

My memory is fine. You can ask Spanky. I didn't drink the whole bottle myself. My son helped me. A little.

Well shit. You go away for vacation and look what you find when you return. Not good news.

He wasn't they guy he presented here.
I'll admit to not exactly being a fan of him here, but always got the impression that what HRZ said was true and looked forward to meeting him in person to find out who he really was. Now it won't happen. That said, when I stumbled upon this I started looking at maps and calendars on how to get out there to assist with a proper sendoff. Sadly the calendar says I drew the short straw that weekend and will be suffering on call for work. I'll be there in spirit though and you guys please send him off right.

Thought this might help for travel arrangements:

The funeral and burial for Don Stanley has been rescheduled due to delays in Mexico. His funeral service will be Saturday, January 16, 2016 @ 10:30AM at Valley of the Sun Mortuary and Cemetery 10940 E. Chandler Heights Road, Chandler AZ. www.valleyofthesunfuneralhome.com If anyone needs to arrange a flight, the funeral home works with a travel agent to arrange bereavement travel at the lowest cost. If interested, just call 1-800-224-4177 and give them Don's name and the reference # is 4044. Feel free to contact me if you have questions. Thank you for all of your prayers and comments!

Thought this might help for travel arrangements:

Status
Not open for further replies.