RIP Beemerdons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following all the posts but at times like this, I have a hard time coming up with appropriate words which is why it's taken me two weeks to compose this:

I've never met Don, but was looking forward to it at SW-FOG 2015. Unfortunately, after all his hard work setting it up, he was unable to attend. At least I got to sign the artwork that was prepared for him in appreciation of his efforts. I sent him a message in the thread about the event, thanking him for his efforts and teased him that "even after what everyone said about you at SW-FOG, I still think you must be a pretty nice guy". I had hoped to meet him at Red Lodge this coming June. Alas, that won't happen and feel I really missed something. Condolences to Donna, Seth and all his friends who now have a hole in their happiness. I hope everyone's good times with Don will help ease the pain caused by the loss of Don.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been following all the posts but at times like this, I have a hard time coming up with appropriate words which is why it's taken me two weeks to compose this:
I've never met Don, but was looking forward to it at SW-FOG 2015. Unfortunately, after all his hard work setting it up, he was unable to attend. At least I got to sign the artwork that was prepared for him in appreciation of his efforts. I sent him a message in the thread about the event, thanking him for his efforts and teased him that "even after what everyone said about you at SW-FOG, I still think you must be a pretty nice guy". I had hoped to meet him at Red Lodge this coming June. Alas, that won't happen and feel I really missed something. Condolences to Donna, Seth and all his friends who now have a hole in their happiness. I hope everyone's good times with Don will help ease the pain caused by the loss of Don.
You've stated it quite well... and while I know we are sad for not having him physically present any longer, I do know that we are very happy that we got the time with him that we did and those memories will stay with us all and, in a way, make us happy to have known him. Life is 100% fatal and none of us is getting out alive... it's what you do while you're here and Don did a whole helluva lot and touched many lives in a positive way (and upon occasion, a warped and twisted way too)... :angel:

Got mine. It'll have to wait to spring to get put on the bike.

Naomi is waiting for her new windscreen before Don's sticker goes on. The shield that Don was running has damage and needs be replaced.

You've stated it quite well... and while I know we are sad for not having him physically present any longer, I do know that we are very happy that we got the time with him that we did and those memories will stay with us all and, in a way, make us happy to have known him. Life is 100% fatal and none of us is getting out alive... it's what you do while you're here and Don did a whole helluva lot and touched many lives in a positive way (and upon occasion, a warped and twisted way too)...
angel.gif
That man has done more, traveled more, rode more, saw more, been more places than anyone I know. He showed me Seth's first two Passports, they were packed full of travel destination he had been with his dad Don Stanley and working on his third. Its terribly sad that my friend is no more, never really realized how much I had done with Don until looking through the thousands of photos I had taken of our journey's. I needed him so much, because he could meet someone once for five minutes and not see them again for five years and immediately remember where he met them, their name and everything they talked about during their first and only meeting. Me, I almost forgot my own name, nevertheless remembering so many others. I always told Don, "You're my fucking address book, don't get too far away otherwise I'll be lost". I am truly going to miss that guy! I feel like the last page in this wonderful book has just come to an end.

Met him, Know him, or Not, a huge piece of the pie has just been cut away never to be whole again!!!

Mounted my sticker yesterday:
Me too... went for a ride up to Alice's and was in the parking lot across the street when a gent that I didn't know came over, looked at the sticker, and mentioned Don's name... turns out he is a member here on the forum but just a lurker... Bob/WWWobbles, you've been outed... Don is still connecting people.
cool.png

JSNS-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry that I cannot attend the services, will someone please pay my respects to the family. Thanks.
I know it is going to be very hard on the day for all but can someone please convey my deepest sympathy to Don,s dearest. I wish I could be there to pay my respect myself.

Highest respect

Steve

We'll pass along condolences for those who can't make it. I've already conveyed to Donna how much love and support he gets just from this forum alone. She probably couldn't even fathom it without reading all the responses and seeing all the photos of Don in action with his brothers and sisters.

We'll pass along condolences for those who can't make it. I've already conveyed to Donna how much love and support he gets just from this forum alone. She probably couldn't even fathom it without reading all the responses and seeing all the photos of Don in action with his brothers and sisters.
Please include condolences from those of us in the UK.

Meeting him on the internet could never be like meeting him in person, but I still feel I've lost a friend.

I had planned to attend the funeral and wake for our great friend Don, but sickness in the family has nixed that. I bought a new windscreen for the V-Strom to make the ride on I-10 more comfortable and secured lodging in Chandler with Terri's cousin. A week ago Terri came down with a terrible cold she caught from me and our 18 year old cat, Sasha, quit eating. I took the cat to the vet and she was diagnosed with a lung infection and medication was prescribed along with a bill for $650. She only weighed 5 pounds from a normal 7.

Took her home and still couldn't get her to eat. I finally resorted to injecting food into her mouth with a syringe. After a couple of days the vet asked to see her again and her weight had dropped to 4 pounds. He agreed that I should keep feeding her with the syringe and gave me a couple of larger ones. We had planned in our minds that we would not let her suffer and would have her put down, and then she suddenly started to eat and drink on her own but not enough to keep her weight up. Anyhow Terri still has her cold and I am injecting food into Sasha. She loves eating this way and I only hope that when her weight gets back to normal she will eat on her own.

I will be there with you attendees in spirit for a man I really admired.

It did not work out for me, either, to be there.

Of course it did work out for Don to be there.

So go figure.

Hopefully, he is smiling at this poor attempt at humor in a very sad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.