RIP Beemerdons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just... stunned.

The first time I met Don was when he picked me up at PHX, when I flew out to buy Lucille (Lucy Liu).

We'll be at his wake/memorial - wherever, whenever.

Ride In Paradise, brother Don.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Well I was halfheartedly reading about 20 posts into this thread before I realized this wasn't a joke by Don or about Don. I am so happy I attended Silver City SW-FOG in 2014 and had the opportunity to meet, ride, eat and hoist a few with this legend. Although I have only met Don once, Don will continue to inspire me to live life to the fullest and interject as much humor as possible.
cry.gif

Really sucks for us but good for him. Don sure didn't sit around the old folks home waiting to get it. Godspeed Don Stanley

Fuck!

RIP Papa Chuy! You will be in my thoughts over the holidays, and you will be sorely missed! I will drink to you tonight! Don't be giving all those pretty angels too much trouble, scratch that - give them all the spankings you can!

I wonder... I wonder why Don was adamant that the title to Naomi was transferred immediately upon my check. I was waaay good to send the check, have BeemerD cash it, then 'transact' the deal 3 or 4 months later when I was off heavy overtime at the nookie plant. Don would not have ANY thing with that. I wonder if he knew, had a what to call it, feeling, that maybe time was short?
There are lessons to be learned here, so please pay attention, us who have med conditions or those who deny.

And another thing... Don LOVES Seth. All preparations are in place and Seth will be cared for. Don, an amazing father, one we can only look up to. I've not had any children, for my own reasons, but Don loved his Son and when talked of inevitabilities, Don assured me all was in place when he should go.

You have to admire that.

I am so heart broken and will miss my bud.

...and let's ALL give Don the proper send off, Irish style, YES?

Goodbye my friend, Goodbye.
+1 to the part about Seth. Man, he loved that boy. Don was a great dad. Watching him interact with his son was amazing. He wasn't they guy he presented here. He was the same with Donna.

C and I met Don at WFO in Moscow ID, 2009. We hung out and I got to ride home with him and Skooter. Don bailed on us at Red Lodge because he wanted to get home to Seth. I didn't understand at the time, but as I came to know him, I realized that if he had to leave us to be with Seth, he wouldn't think twice about it...He was gone. His love for Seth was boundless.

For EOM this year, Don and Donna drove through Albuquerque on their way there. They got here late and we missed getting together, with the promise that we'd meet on their way back. On their way home, Don called me from Amarillo asking if I would be bugged if they didn't stop in Albuquerque. Donna wasn't feeling good, they were making good time, and he wanted to get her home. He put others before himself and those of us that knew him loved him for it.

Don was how my brother ended up buying his GS-A. I called Don and asked him to keep his eyes open for a newer GS-A for Patch. A day or two later, Don called me at 0600 telling me he found the bike. Patch made a deal and we needed to head to Phoenix. I rode Don's and we picked Patch up at the airport. We spent the night at Don's and he took us to his friend's house the next morning. Went out of his way to make sure we had a good time and he helped any way he could.

I'll miss our phone calls. I busted my ass to make Don laugh when he was in the hospital. Obviously, or conversation content was not what he liked to say, but they were always great.

I'm with you Carver. I'll miss my friend.

It is with ultimate sadness that I must pass this news on to you.

The Heart and Soul of AZ Beemers, Don Stanley, has passed away.

On Monday, he and his son Seth were on an ocean cruise in Mexico and Don was snorkeling when he suffered a heart attack. Obviously, with the circumstances, there are a lot of issues that Don's immediate family will be dealing with. Please keep Seth, Donna, Jean and Marsha in your prayers through this difficult time.

A memorial service is not yet scheduled, I will pass that information along as soon as it is confirmed. Melanie and I plan to host a wake in Don's honor immediately after the service.

As a club, we can discuss a memorial ride.

Don's family will need some help in the coming days and I assume we can count on fellow AZ Beemers to help if needed.

One of the first things I would ask of you, please forward this sad news to Don's many other friends, particularly if someone can post on the FJR, BMW Owners, BMW RA and other forums.

Please contact me if you wish to help or want to discuss. Feel free to post my information on other forums.

Missing my friend.

Brian Boles
480-861-2816

First I lose my Dad in October, then 3 co-workers less than 2 weeks ago in a EMS helicopter crash, now we lose Don. The last few months have just sucked! With Don gone, I feel like the heart has been ripped right out of the forum. This one will take awhile to process............ Godspeed my friend.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him and yet a tear rolls down my cheek. My prayers to go out to close family and friends.

A thread was started here earlier tonight. I'm so sorry for the loss of your (our) friend. I have posted your info on the other thread to keep everything in one place.

I just had surgery on my left arm yesterday & was out of the social network until I checked my email & saw a post from AZBeemer Brian Boles just a few minutes ago. I knew Don was in the Caribbean with Seth but was in complete shock to hear he passed snorkeling. I was actually very surprised to hear he was even attempting to snorkel when he still didn't have range of motion in his arm and was scheduled to go in for another surgery on it in Jan. We all know him as a guy whose as tough as they come and he obviously didn't let anything stand in the way of doing what he wanted.

I feel really bad that Seth had to go through that experience. A.J. summed up pretty well how devoted Don was to his son. A lot on the forum may not know that Seth is autistic and Don put him first in ALL that he did.

God bless Mr. Stanley!!!! You will be missed by all in the motorcycling community and your family & friends in many countries!

Red Lodge Raiders: I won't be able to amend the Attendance List until 12/28. I will be out of phone/laptop contact, aboard the Carnival Freedom.

I know it's a shitty job having to cruise the Caribbean for 10 days, but by God my Son Seth and I'll do it! Waiter, another Margarita please, JSNS!

One of my favorite posts from Don's last day visiting the forum.

I'm never sure of what to say at times like this, but here goes.

I will miss this man.

His humor, his zest for life, and his love for his family, friends and fellow forum members is second to none. I can't imagine anyone not liking Don. There are quite a few really good people here, but not many are like him. He was always the first to offer help to anyone that needed it, and the last to ask for it.

I had just met Don, and his BMW, at this past EOM. I was expecting a larger than life, loud, boisterous type of person, based on his postings. I found a soft spoken, gentle giant of a man. Even when his BMW car alarm was constantly going off every 15 minutes in the parking lot, he could see the humor through his aggravation. Don is the kind of guy you WANT to be around.

My thoughts are with Seth and Donna, the two people that made Don feel truly loved, and that he loved truly.

Rest in peace Papa Chuy.....you'll be greatly missed.

Damn, this sucks!

I've posted the news on the K1600 owners' forum. Don and I both had K1600s when they first came out, and we both had problems that took special interventions from the Motherland to sort out. I don't know how active he was on that forum, but I know he and I were both posting there in 2012.

Don's friend, Brian (dashbaw), posted a separate thread so I am adding it here.

It is with ultimate sadness that I must pass this news on to you.

The Heart and Soul of AZ Beemers, Don Stanley, has passed away.

On Monday, he and his son Seth were on an ocean cruise in Mexico and Don was snorkeling when he suffered a heart attack. Obviously, with the circumstances, there are a lot of issues that Don's immediate family will be dealing with. Please keep Seth, Donna, Jean and Marsha in your prayers through this difficult time.

A memorial service is not yet scheduled, I will pass that information along as soon as it is confirmed. Melanie and I plan to host a wake in Don's honor immediately after the service.

As a club, we can discuss a memorial ride.

Don's family will need some help in the coming days and I assume we can count on fellow AZ Beemers to help if needed.

One of the first things I would ask of you, please forward this sad news to Don's many other friends, particularly if someone can post on the FJR, BMW Owners, BMW RA and other forums.

Please contact me if you wish to help or want to discuss. Feel free to post my information on other forums.

Missing my friend.

Brian Boles
480-861-2816

I never met Don, but I wish I had. He was on my list of folks I definitely had to meet. This is a huge loss.

My deepest condolences to his family.

Rest in peace Don. You will be missed by many.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him and yet a tear rolls down my cheek. My prayers to go out to close family and friends. Rest in peace. JSNS

In shock and full of sadness for a man I never met but (like many here) feel I knew him through his humor and advice. Ride on, Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.