RIP Beemerdons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I want to say something but I really can't find the words. But I know Seth and Donna, for two, will see this outpouring of real feelings and even love for the guy, and I hope it helps you both to read and see how we felt about him. Brodie, I think there will be a LOT of public memorials for Don--every time two or more of us ride or eat or drink together for a long long time. Some of us are meeting for lunch on the first, and like always, Don was "IN!" And he'll BE "in," too. He'll definitely be in, and right with us.

Those of you who never met him--it was only a matter of time. Sooner or later, he'd have shown up, wherever you are. Damn it, I'm just so sad.

Although I am not an active poster here, I do follow the forum daily. Don was really part of the soul of this forum, perhaps the greatest one. Made it a fun place to be and always had something positive to say about your post. Will miss him greatly. R.I.P.

My heart is just so heavy...

Don.jpg

I saw the post on Facebook last night...still can't believe this news. RIP Don Stanley...you will be missed.

Aw shit. RIP Don. I can only hope to leave behind as much grace and good memories as Don has.

There are some members here that turn this collection of posts on a forum into a community.It is a community,why else would I have tears in my eyes for a man I never meet?Beemerdon is right at the top of that group of members that make this site more than just a forum.When I read Tyler's first post my thoughts went to O'vale,another forum member that passed years ago and I have never forgotten.Like O'vale,Beemerdon will always be a part of this community and he will never be forgotten!!!

Heartfelt condolences and prayers for the family.

Just can't believe it. He was LIFE itself ... so healthy happy .... a lot of noise on the Forum, but in person a really sweet, kind, and very intelligent man. My thoughts go out to Seth in particular and to Donna.

Don was kind enough to loan us "Lucy" the first year we went to AZ and he and Skooter gave us a wonderful tour of the state.

I am so glad we had two opportunities to see Don and Donna this year - the second time was at EOM. His spirit and the way he laughed off his injuries and got on with life was an inspiration.

RIP Don

(Mrs. Ionbeam)

Damn - really sorry to hear this.
upset.gif
Don was a really good guy - met him a few times. Condolences to the family.

Don is never gone and will always be remembered a real stand up guy that I had the pleasure of getting to know. Until we meet again amigo keep the rubber side down.

Reading this thread reminds me that indeed the world is still good, filled with great people.

Seth - your father was a great man. He did it the right way, and he knew it at the time.

When I get to work in the mornings as soon as I finish checking my email I come to this forum. When I first saw this headline my immediate thoughts were that this was another of Don's jokes but seeing Tyler was the one starting it didn't make sense. Then I started reading.

My wife and I just met Don and Miss Donna at EOM in Lewisburg. He was one of those forum members, like Tyler, that I really wanted to meet in person. The jokes he posted, the stories he told, made him one of those larger than life people that you wanted to know and have in your life. I didn't know him well but I'll miss him none the less.

Thoughts and prayers are with Miss Donna and Seth.

I did not know the man. But he clearly had plenty of friends and a loving family. And he rode motorcycles....

I did not write these words but they are some of my favorite:

They are not long, the weeping and the laughter,

Love and desire and hate:

I think they have no portion in us after

We pass the gate.

They are not long, the days of wine and roses:

Out of a misty dream

Our path emerges for a while, then closes

Within a dream.

RIP.

Hug your friends, spouses and family today.

just a thought.....

on here, as in Crackbook, folks are posting up their favorite pictures of the ever smiling Beemerdons-brat. What do you think if we somehow were able to capture, combine and publish these in a photo keepsake book. One for Seth, one for Donna?

gawd, just glanced at my nick with my profile pic here. Who dubbed me that? (and a couple more)

Yep..........Don

le sigh

A great loss to Gods Green Earth..... Rest in Peace !!!!

One thing to be said here - Don lived a full life, like every day was his last !!!

That my friends is how ya roll !!! Let that be an example.......

I thought this was just a joke in bad taste. I'm shocked by this news! A big man that lived a big life and touched a lot of people in a big way. Most of all, his life was his relationship with most loved son Seth.

Just can't believe it. He was LIFE itself ... so healthy happy .... a lot of noise on the Forum, but in person a really sweet, kind, and very intelligent man. My thoughts go out to Seth in particular and to Donna.
Don was kind enough to loan us "Lucy" the first year we went to AZ and he and Skooter gave us a wonderful tour of the state.

I am so glad we had two opportunities to see Don and Donna this year - the second time was at EOM. His spirit and the way he laughed off his injuries and got on with life was an inspiration.

RIP Don

(Mrs. Ionbeam)
Over the years we have had a chance to ride around the country with Don. We have visited with him in Phoenix a number of times including this summer. We also met with Don at EOM this year. Phoenix with Helen's niece who was recovering from a motorcycle accident:

IMG_8121a-X2.jpg

Don with Miss Lucy (he was actually enjoying the ride, no matter how it looks
wink.png
)

Don_zps3babe6a7.jpg

We also got to ride with Don at Huntsville, ON for a CFR. Don got around!

Don will be missed by many people including us but the big challenge will be for his son Seth.

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading all these pages of post I come away with a couple of things. This was a good man that is going to be dearly missed by his family and friends. He made the world a better place and left a lasting legacy.

Also, you guys were lucky to have met him and have the privilege of calling him friend. I missed out by not getting to meet and call Don a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.