RIP Beemerdons

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NOOO, I didn't see this yesterday, was on a ride and didn't check the forum.
Condolences to his family.......I still can't believe it, I will miss him like a brother....I feel like someone hit me in the gut....
sadsmiley.gif

RIP my friend...
bye.gif

I am so sorry to hear this. I got to know Don at the past EOM. What a great guy. Positive thoughts being sent out to his family .

Damn sorry to hear of Don's passing, my sympathy to his family. I'll miss his humor every time I log onto this forum. Rest in peace, Don.

As said by many others, there are no words. There is a big hole left with Don's passing. I am so glad that I had the honor of meeting him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and Miss Donna.

Dang!
cry.gif
never met him, (The man, the myth, the legend.) butt wuz hope'in to on the CA NYD ride. Always enjoyed his posts, there will be a very large void here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck You for making me cry you fat Irish bastard...

And Thank You for making me laugh... JSNS!

Last time I saw Don was when he, Donna and a bunch of friends were in Venice for a few days in the fall of 2014. We drove to a winery I know in the area to do some wine-tasting and something funny happened there.

Don picked two bottles he meant to buy and moved over to the cash desk to pay for them. When the price appeared on the display, he went "Oh" and quickly reached for his credit card. I asked him what the problem was and he said "Darn, I don't have 78 Euro cash..." I told him "That's 7 Euro and 80 cents, you dumbass..."

I'll miss you Don, RIP good buddy. We rode many good miles together in Europe and I'll never forget our

in 2008.
Tu hermanos de moto

Stef and the Italian FJR guys

I feel like I've been punched in the throat.

And I feel sorry for those of you that didn't get the chance to meet him. He really was a great guy that did his best to get as much fun out of this life as he could.

What a great way to go. Snorkeling in Cozumel....

I'm going to miss him.

Mexico2010144.jpg

Unfortunately, I've only had the blessing to actually face-to-face with just a few forum members.

Walt (wfooshee), Greg (SkooterG), Andy (bikergeek) and his lovely wife Suze and Gary (garyahouse).

The list is MUCH too short for my liking.

Fortunately, Don Stanley is among the few I HAVE met. Had dinner and drinks with him and Seth a couple of years ago at Disneyworld. A night I'll treasure till the day I'm flippers-up on a Caribbean snorkeling trip.

Folks, don't take the relationships we make on the forum too lightly. If you get a chance to meet some of these fine forum folks, then by all means, do so. As this thread proves, our time here is MUCH too short.

BeemerDons -- I'm glad we met. I'll miss you tremendously.

Perfect.

The Parting Glass - Irish TraditionalOh all the time that e'er I spent,
I spent it in good company;
And any harm that e'er I've done,
I trust it was to none but me;
May those I've loved through all the years
Have memories now they'll e'er recall;
So fill me to the parting glass,
Goodnight, and joy be with you all.

Oh all the comrades that e'er I had,
Are sorry for my going away;
And all the loved ones that e'er I had
Would wish me one more day to stay.
But since it falls unto my lot
That I should leave and you should not,
I'll gently rise and I'll softly call
Goodnight, and joy be with you all.

Of all good times that e'er we shared,
I leave to you fond memory;
And for all the friendship that e'er we had
I ask you to remember me;
And when you sit and stories tell,
I'll be with you and help recall;
So fill to me the parting glass,
God bless, and joy be with you all.

Godspeed Don. What a shock. I met Don riding around lake Coeur d'Alene in north Idaho when I first got my FJR in the summer of 2009 at WFO. Recall another great day heading up to Castlegar Canada following him with Seth on the back of his big BMW. Great guy, don't know if there was ever anyone more passionate about riding. He'll be greatly missed. Sad, sad sad....

just a thought.....
on here, as in Crackbook, folks are posting up their favorite pictures of the ever smiling Beemerdons-brat. What do you think if we somehow were able to capture, combine and publish these in a photo keepsake book. One for Seth, one for Donna?
That's a great idea... I'll start a separate thread to gather photos.

I woke up this morning and it hit me all over again... the sadness like a heavy weight... but also seeing the stories and photos of him helped to make me smile at times well spent with friends... Don lived a full life and always at full throttle open... I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want us to mourn too long for him and would kick us all in the ass and say get over it and raise a toast in my honor and to all of us... so I will be doing that and I hope you all will too. Life is short and sweet and none of us id getting out alive... so enjoy it to the fullest and love all the people in your life as much as you can... I love all you crazy mofos.

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,

spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts

for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.

I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck

of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone"

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,

hull and spar as she was when she left my side.

And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.

And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"

there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices

ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying.

-H. Van Dyke

Kali Trip -2011 in Paso Robles

2011MAYKALITRIP123.jpg

After a few adult beverages...

2011MAYKALITRIP132.jpg

Don got out to as many gatherings as he could and you were never a stranger if Don was around.

Very sad news. Never chatted with or met him but it's been obvious how popular he was and what a good friend to so many people.

Thinking of his family and friends at this difficult time. I feel for them after a year of losing loved ones so suddenly myself. Simply horrible.

RIP

Don was a larger than life person. I'll miss him immensely. A great friend to all who knew him.

Status
Not open for further replies.