ROAD TRIP to Prosser, Washington!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I'm tempted to make this ride - think the wife would notice I'm missing for the weekend?

Depends on how much you typically do around the house. :rolleyes:

Jeff, Lets do Shari's on Airport Way, just off 205. Easy off, easy on. Say about 7AM. Anybody else leaving from PDX can join us.
Bill

Sounds good! I will see you there.

I did notice on the road cam's that the temp. was in the 20's this morning but the roads were dry. Now how hot does the FJR tank get? It going to warm up nicely during the day though.

Bill

Been eye'ing this but had plans to ride to Las Vegas this weekend .......But, I've been able to make some changes!

I'm heading north! Living in reno, this time of year consistently pointing the bike south in search of warmer weather. What a treat it will be to head north.

After work today I'll be pointing the bike toward Prosser USA. I expect to get there tomorrow AM. Looks to be a great destination and looking forward to pissing on those rocks at Desert Moto. Also, it'll be good to meet and shake hands with fellow FJR folk. (don't worry, i'll wash them after pissing on the rocks)

Likely won't hang around Desert Moto tooooo long -I want to molest some of those delicious twisties south of there ...I remember being on some good roads down there and I hope I've found them on the map

After that I'll point the bike toward Bend where I'll supervise St Patty's Day :yahoo: LOL, I had planned to remodel Las Vegas ....so watch out Bend Oregon: -renojohn is coming with the toolbelt on -ready to paint the town.

Sunday I'll point the bike south -extending the route out a bit to include a few good roads including that stretch of 140 west of Denio that I haven't been on in a while.

Any good thoughts? ...i'll be around for a while ......here is my rough route --comments welcome

prosser01-a.gif

...renojohn

Hey,that route looks like the outline of North and South America. Good roads. See you in Prosser

Bill

I'm blowing this popcicle stand. Put my hours in at work and go spend the afternoon in Prosser! See y'all Saturday. :yahoo:

Ended up with about 400 miles on the clock today, from Portland to Prosser and back.

Man, what an awesome dealership!! Huge, huge difference over the old one.

I was really surprised with how busy it was... looks like they had a great (and well deserved) turnout.

Got to see tons of FJRs, got a couple of pictures, but was on the wrong side of the parking lot when the group photo was taken. :(

Was good to see form forum members in person.

Looking forward to visiting again soon <cough>Techwest<cough>

Jeff

Jeff, you two made good time back to the west side. It was good seeing everyone again and putting name and faces together. I took the long way back to the Tri's via Mabton, Bickleton and then back up the river. Little windy on the top but clean roads and nice temperatures.

Iggy was taking pictures like mad so I'm sure he will be along shortly with the evidence!

I counted over a dozen FJR's in the crowd. Great turnout for the new dealership.

--G

Just landed in Bend Oregon USA and i'm going to cheer my favorite saint (patrick) so no time to post in the detail that this great great event deserves ...however I got some good pics and have some good stories to share so they'll be here soon.

BUT: wanted to send an "open" thanks to all

...really glad I made the trek up. A very special thanks to Toby (iron maiden's squeeze) ...who pointed me on some fantastic roads this afternoon. With much thanks to Toby I spent all afternoon and this evening molesting and violating roads such as this:

P4170115.JPG

Definatley put the bike through the paces and the tires were a smokin'

Thanks again to all for the fun ...more pics later

.....reno john (irish tonight in Bend :rolleyes: )

Sounds like a good time was had. Sorry I missed it. Only noticed the forum thread today as I don't come here every day, or look at the full forum topics list that often.

Maybe next time theres an event, one of the post whores could cross post it to the FJR list? ;) I do that when I see them, or GBs, etc.

Just landed in Bend Oregon USA and i'm going to cheer my favorite saint (patrick) so no time to post in the detail that this great great event deserves ...however I got some good pics and have some good stories to share so they'll be here soon.
BUT: wanted to send an "open" thanks to all

...really glad I made the trek up. A very special thanks to Toby (iron maiden's squeeze) ...who pointed me on some fantastic roads this afternoon. With much thanks to Toby I spent all afternoon and this evening molesting and violating roads such as this:

P4170115.JPG

Definatley put the bike through the paces and the tires were a smokin'

Thanks again to all for the fun ...more pics later

.....reno john (irish tonight in Bend :rolleyes: )
That damned Tobie...he takes all the credit...I'm the one who told him all the great places he should tell you to go. That's why he's my squeeze and not the other way around.

Just kidding....it was great to meet you today and am happy to hear you had a great day of riding some of our favorite roads. Till next time, ride safe,

Lisa

Sounds like a good time was had. Sorry I missed it. Only noticed the forum thread today as I don't come here every day, or look at the full forum topics list that often.
Maybe next time theres an event, one of the post whores could cross post it to the FJR list? ;) I do that when I see them, or GBs, etc.
Sorry we missed you, Eric. There was a great turnout in support of Dan & Michelle, and those flippin', flyin' kids on their bikes were amazing. See you in Mt. Vernon in a couple of weeks.

Lisa

Some pics from the event. I'll have more tomorrow, but I'm tuckered out and need some sleepy.

A great turn-out by any measure!

MW171708b.JPG

Some of the FRJ folks there. It was hard with the 1000+ people to stage a photo of just FJRs and riders.

MW171701c.JPG

The show was phenomenal.....and the pictures turned out better once I figured out some exposure settings on my camera.

MW171941b.JPG

Just to be clear about this shot. He's going from right to left......not left to right. Figure that one out. :blink:

MW171859b.JPG

I took so many shots that didn't turn out.....this is one the timing turned out pretty good.

MW171663b.JPG

How does one build-up to a trick like this? These guys have kevlar scrotums!

MW171945c.JPG

The wonderful thing about being volunteer staff for the day is that you get to demo the coolest bikes. Warchild traded in his FJR an '05 FJR Junior and Tobie is sporting the '08 advance release FJR JR. AEX with sidestand permanently down so it's impossible to tip over while parking. Top Speed: 40 mph

MW161407b.JPG

Owner, Dan Denchel takes a practice run. He's pretty close to being able to do a back flip with an FJR.......at least just once anyway.

MW171690b.JPG

What can I possibly say about this one? It was an 11 hour day at this point, but it's wrong on so many levels. However I think the blue Yamaha shirt really brings out Warchild's eyes.

MW171986c.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
However I think the blue Yamaha shirt really brings out Warchild's eyes.
rolleyes.gif

After three days of working the Grand Opening from 9am till 8pm closing, I was just about punch-drunk on my feet... :lol:

Now, about them MX riders.... jeeze, their jump exhibition was some heart-stopping shit, I tells ya what!!! :blink:

Take another gander at this shot that Iggy took, and notice there is no soft dirt for these gentlemen to tumble into should a blast of wind carry them off trajectory. The second bike in the air - yes, that one not attached to the rider whatsoever - is Justin Holmon himself. Many are unaware that Justin has about 20 years experience of Freestyle MX experience, took 8th Place in the X-Games in LA a couple years ago, and is currently ranked as one of the Top 15 MX Freestyle riders in the World!

MW171663b.JPG

That damned Tobie...he takes all the credit...I'm the one who told him all the great places he should tell you to go. That's why he's my squeeze and not the other way around. Just kidding....it was great to meet you today and am happy to hear you had a great day of riding some of our favorite roads. Till next time, ride safe,

Lisa
Lisa: LOL, great meeting the both of you. My apologies for misspelling Tobie's name. (Just a hick from NV who went to public skewls.) Yes, you do have some good roads up there and sure appreciate you two squeezeers pointing me toward them --they were deliciious!!

Some pics from the event.
IGGster --DAMN! some awesome photos!! Wow. Great job and great fun ...thanks for all.

After three days of working the Grand Opening from 9am till 8pm closing, ....<snip>.......... Many are unaware that Justin has about 20 years experience of Freestyle MX experience, took 8th Place in the X-Games in LA a couple years ago, and is currently ranked as one of the Top 15 MX Freestyle riders in the World!
Hey, the guys that put this on did a stellar job. Enough organization, yet a real casual "good" atmosphere. I was totally impressed with all the good folks, the good fun and MXjustin and company were amazing ...totally captured your imagination watching that stuff up-close-and in person.
A big thanks To many who made this a groovy weekend ride destination: -

-WC for orchestrating some FJR fun and goodwill into this thing

-Dan and his posse of Desert Power staff,

-And all the other folks who helped make this gathering the funnerest spot north of Denio.

Damn, only negative is now I have to figure out how to sqeeze techwest on to the calendar .......positive problem I suppoose.

Looking forward to throwing a simple ride report together --stay tuned .........thanks again for the fun everyone.

back in reno ...john

I did not ride to the event, my wife and I were getting our storage trailer ready to store our gear for the next year while we travel around on our bikes:} It sure was nice to put faces to names, you all are nice on the forum, nicer in person. Enjoyed talking to a couple of you, keep up the good work and we may see you down the road sometime, enjoy the ride, jim

I did not ride to the event, my wife and I were getting our storage trailer ready to store our gear for the next year while we travel around on our bikes:} It sure was nice to put faces to names, you all are nice on the forum, nicer in person. Enjoyed talking to a couple of you, keep up the good work and we may see you down the road sometime, enjoy the ride, jim
I did not ride either, did not go in fact, FJR all torn down for upgrades and maintenance. Glad you guys had fun. Sorry I missed you guys in Baker City the weekend before. Hope Penny is feeling much better.

I got the complete tour on president's day when I had my valves checked. Almost 60K and still in spec.

dougc

We made it home. My wife and I had a great time. We got to meet a few of the FJR group. A great bunch. A special thanks to Tobie for turning us onto the road to Goldendale through Bickleton. It was a great ride. It is funny how the trip to Prosser was 260mi and took about 5hr and the trip home was 378mi and took over 9hr. I guess we just weren't in much of a hurry to get back to reality. I took a bunch of pictures but it looks like Iggy pretty much covered it. I hope to see you all again at the ride to eat in Mt Vernon on March 31st.

BTW escapefjrist, You cost me $200.00 :lol: I just gota have one of those windshields. Thanks <_< .

Here is a pic of Tobie giving my wife directions on a map. "If he only knew". My wife is very good at a lot of things but, following directions on a map is not one of them :lol: .

DSCN0770.jpg

Here I am on the next bike I want to add to the garage. Now all I need is more money.

DSCN0789.jpg

Hmmmm..........

Note the XX for sale in the photo that is behind you. I wonder, how many miles on that old warhorse and per chance did it used to belong to anyone we know?

DSCN0789.jpg