Room Sharing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
I figured that I'd start a new thread for the folks that might like to find a roommate for EOM weekend.

I myself would like to have a roomy to share expenses with. I'd prefer another woman or a guy that I already know & I'm buddies with. I think that I'd feel comfortable with that.

Otherwise, being the odd woman out, I'll be rooming alone.... which is probably how it will end up... which will probably be the best thing for me. I drink & snore.

Anyhoo, let the roomy searching begin............

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still about 60/40 for being able to attend. Was planning to bring the wife this year but that part won't work out.

I'll probably be looking to split a room if I can, if I can attend :D How's that for being vague.

I'm in for sure. Already have the plans made. While it's not required I wouldn't mind sharing a room with someone. Prefer someone who drinks and snores that way if I do, you won't complain. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SWM, 38. Likes long rides on his FJR and willing to travel. NS/ND, likes to drink when the situation warrants. Have had a string or bad relationships and looking to start fresh. Had a horrible breakup with a Magellan 6000T who just wouldn't let me give any input. Most recently, I've been seen with a Garmin Zumo and while we had great chemistry, she was very controlling. Always telling me where to go and what to do and kept a very short leash on me (at least to my helmet). If you're like minded and just want to take it slow in the straights, and don't mind my baggage (they're attached) give me a beep. Mailbox: 1300A

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:blink: ok, obviously joking and bored at work.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Good one Adrian.

I think that I'll probably stay in my own room... but don't let me stand in the way of you guys hooking up! Seriously, I won't give you any shit about it.

Hi PM & Renegade! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Was planning to bring the wife this year but that part PROB won't work out.
I'll probably be looking to split a room if I can,
GUNNY

But, I've already booked a room so Frock work!

Hey Heidi, If the wife don't make it, wanna shack up? I'm tired of sleeping with men when I away from home :rolleyes:

My wife is undecided now on what she wants to do. So I might or might not need a roommate. Hell, I'll bring a sleeping bag and crash on the floor, I don't care.

Edit: My wife will not be attending. Something to do with being pregnant and not wanting to ride yada yada blah blah blah. So I do need a roommate= save us money. I have for the moment booked a one bed room, but I know I can switch or cancel to make it a two bed. I think I have planned for thur-monday night, not sure though. I can change that too.

Okay I just booked my hotel room. For what it's worth, they told me there is only 1 no-smoking room still available (but she said there are still several smoking rooms left).

Dana (wpbfjr) and I will be leaving South Florida Wednesday AM and ariving at EOM on Thursday night.

I have an extra bed, if anyone is interested in splitting the hotel cost send me a PM.

Bob

I have a non smoking room. I am arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday. I am willing to share. I live in Richmond Va, but grew up in Ohio and lived many years in Maine. Email is treading20032yahoo.com

Looking forward to the weekend.

A friend of mine who's not signed up with the forum wants to attend (he rides a BMW). He would like to split a non-smoking room with someone, arriving on Friday, leaving on Monday. I've already got a roomy. Anyone out there with half a double room available please PM me.

A friend of mine who's not signed up with the forum wants to attend (he rides a BMW). He would like to split a non-smoking room with someone, arriving on Friday, leaving on Monday. I've already got a roomy. Anyone out there with half a double room available please PM me.

B2R, please have your friend register... or register for him. I'm going to be looking at the registration page for the # of attendees to be sure that we get a large enough banquet hall for dinner & door prize giveaway. See you in September!

Hoping to see you guys in WV this year, Heidi

B2R, please have your friend register... or register for him. I'm going to be looking at the registration page for the # of attendees to be sure that we get a large enough banquet hall for dinner & door prize giveaway. See you in September!

Hoping to see you guys in WV this year, Heidi
Wilco, Heidi. I already gave him the link to register - his name is Jay Klahr from Memphis, riding a 2007 BMW K12S.

Thanks, and looking forward to this event and meeting you and everyone.

Bob in Memphis

I just found out that my lovely wife will be 'out of town' from Sept. 13-16.! Well, you know what that means, no excuse not to attend the EOM!

I too would like to share a room w/ someone provided they are a NON-snoring, NON-smoker.

A non-snorer is a must for me otherwise I won't get ANY sleep, and the non-smoker thing goes w/o saying...

Born2Ride: Does your friend Jay meet that criteria?

PM me, or for quicker response, phone me at 828XXX713XXX1073

Gary

A non-snorer is a must for me otherwise I won't get ANY sleep, and the non-smoker thing goes w/o saying...
BA, ever sleep w/ earplugs? My experience: I don't wear them riding but I will w/o any hesitation wear them when sleeping in a new place, sleeping in a place w/ others in the same room or camping w/ others nearby. If you haven't tried them, you may consider it if'n you don't find a non-snorer to room with. Just an idea that might help.

Heidi

Gary,

Jay has a roomy now - got a PM from Bob-ST. Thanks, though, and good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions/info. The offer to share a room is now officially rescinded as I've booked a room that I'll be sharing with my usual (non-fjr) riding buddy. I'll register us both on the proper page. See you in a few weeks!