running bad (feeling blessed)...limped home (walking on air)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I guess it is up to me to post the pic's. Here ya go Mike,
100_0527_zps9e02977b.jpg
THAT is just fucking awesome!

Great post ''Redfish''!!Thanks for showing us the Isabella's beauties..!!
blush2.gif

''08FJR4ME'' Your work is outstanding!!These plates looks like jewels!!
good.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I look forward to checking this thread every day. And today did not disappoint.

Great status report, R/H. Did Aaron give you any hint as to when the bike might be ready?

I too love the look of the PAR plates.

There are some really good things going on in this thread.

Dave - those plates are f'n cool! Glad we got to see them before they get buried on the bike.

so, another saga of isabella's misbehaving is as follows:
riding home from round trip day of 275miles, humming away on the interstate with AVCC set to 75 and near my home, I see the bike laboring and losing speed on overpass hills that normally are no problem. As I approach my exit, I pull in clutch and engine kills...will not idle; won't run below 2000 rpms

So limp home last few miles and pull into garage. A little later, try to start it...takes like a bunch of throttle, it runs, but no idle and wants to kill below 2000 rpm.

Next day when cold, I raise tank...looking around, don't see anything out of ordinary like damage wiring or plugs, vac hose disconnected, etc. With trepidation, I pulled the plugs, and without a compression tester, sealed each hole with my hand/fingers, and hand was "puffed" off and away. Then I check that each plug was firing by connecting to the wire and grounding to valve cover, spinning the engine.

So now what? Gee, could the cam chain had jumped a tooth...have no idea why as it's the new CCT since the valves were checked. This engine has 70k miles with valve check at 55k and no adjustment needed.

I guess I really do need to do a proper compression check with gauge...

depressed in Nawlins'

Mike da Patriot

<appropriate pissed off smiley>
Sorry Mike but I got the information from the first post.. This was a clandestine operation. Maybe I shoulda went with the Three fingerd Salute.

But I wanted to have them done in time.

Dave
blushsmiley.gif