running bad (feeling blessed)...limped home (walking on air)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, no, no, no, no..... He can't be planning to pick the bike up Monday.

Mike?

Picking up Isabella?

On April Fool's Day??????

Am I the only one who sees the inevitability of disaster in this?

No, no, no, no, no..... He can't be planning to pick the bike up Monday.
Mike?

Picking up Isabella?

I don't know. Seems kind of appropriate.........
smile.png

Are you kidding, imagine if he had tried it on Palm Sunday!?
no.gif
Easter would be more appropos. The dead shall rise and be reborn for the joy of all.

I will be doing a tractor job tomorrow, I tentatively have a ride planned with my Dad and my cousin on Saturday, and I have to boil two sacks of crawfish on Easter Sunday. I am only off this weekend because I took vacation. I will be off Monday, Tuesday and again Friday, Saturday and Sunday of next weekend. All I need now is a phone call or text message. Of course, Patriot may not want to deal with me anymore, he may have plans to do something different, he may have really skipped off to Dubai. I hope none of that is the case.

I am on Hot Standby...

I think Skooter is absolutely correct, nothing could be more appropriate than April Fool's day.

First off....a huge WOW!!!! I'm brand new here and just finished reading all 31 pages of this in one sitting! I didn't get a bit of work done this morning!! LOL. This has to be the most awesome story ever!! I'm sorry I just joined so I couldn't make a contribution but I feel very emotionally involved now!! LOL. What a great story! Looking forward to the reunion of Patriot and Izabella! lol. Great to see such awesome folks here!!

First off....a huge WOW!!!! I'm brand new here and just finished reading all 31 pages of this in one sitting! I didn't get a bit of work done this morning!! LOL. This has to be the most awesome story ever!! I'm sorry I just joined so I couldn't make a contribution but I feel very emotionally involved now!! LOL. What a great story! Looking forward to the reunion of Patriot and Izabella! lol. Great to see such awesome folks here!!
Welcome to the Forum ericboutin, Yep, when a valued member is in need, that's how we roll.You're gonna like this place.
smile.png

He contacted me last night. He knows the bike is ready and that I am ready as well. I gave him my "off days" for this week. I am waiting for him to let me know something.

Waiting...

This time without his bike has been very rough on him he's dealing with the best he can give him a little bit of time

Well! Patriot and I have a date this Friday! And even better, it looks like it will be a threesome! hppants is joining us for this recovery mission. We will decide who drives and who pays and who gives orders between now and then. I am excited and happy about this and look forward to a successful conclusion. Having hppants join us makes it even better. I will bring my camera but it is obvious that hppants is the better photographer and has the better camera as well. Full reports will follow.

Yep - deal me in!

I'll bring the camera. I can also bring the grenade home and disassemble it. To the forum go the spoils!

Hey everyone, guess what? We're famous!

Well, not really famous, but we've made the news. Sort of...
smile.png

Forum member Big Sky (Cole Boehler) is also the editor/publisher of a great monthly newsletter called the "Northern Rockies Rider." He sent me a message to let me know that he had just finished an OpEd piece about this very thread, and all of the generous and caring people that made it happen. It'll be in the upcoming April issue (not even online yet).

I thought that you all would like to read the article, so I got permission from Cole to host his article for you to read, until the whole newsletter is up.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fred, what a great article! Thanks for the link

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn you Fred! Now I got the sniffles and something must have gotten in my eye.

Big Sky sure makes us all seem nice and noble doesn't he? He certainly is eloquent. I am proud to have been a small part of this. I am more proud to be part of this forum and the great people that populate this little corner of cyber space.

Great article! I'm really glad Mike is just a few days away from a reunion with his trusted iron horse! I'm proud of the effort shown by all members involved. :D
thumbsup.gif