• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Russell Day Long Group Buy - Fall 2010

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmspaul

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is my privilege to organize the 2010 Russell Day Long Group Buy. Heather and the folks at Russell Cycle Products have agreed to offer a group buy for this fall. This group buy is pretty much the same as its predecessors, but for those of you who are new to the game here are the specifics:

10-24 orders placed = 10% discount

25-49 orders placed = 15% discount

50-100 orders placed = 20% discount

As of 8/6 we have reached 100 orders and I am taking names for the stand by list.

This Group Buy is limited to the first 100 people who email me. After 100 names, I will create a stand-by list for when/if people drop out.

Keep in mind, these are orders for new seat builds & the discount does not apply to shipping charges.

Who is eligible? - If Russell makes a seat for your bike and you're reading this, you're eligible. Reference Chart

What is the timeframe? - I will begin compiling a list of people who want to be a part of this group buy. Heather has requested this list be submitted to her by September 17th 2010.

How do I claim the discount? - After the list is submitted to Heather on the 17th, I will send out the Group Buy Discount Code to everyone on it. That discount code must be present on your order otherwise it will be treated as a regular order.

When do I place my order? - ORDERS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED from October 1st 2010 to October 29th 2010.

Once we get into the order period for the group buy, orders will be taken by Russell on a first come, first served basis. As the orders are received, you will be issued a build date for your seat. You can wait to send your seat to them until close to your build date. Russell offers this group buy to help keep busy during the winter season, so expect that there will be build dates in December, January and possibly beyond.

How long until I receive my new seat? - Normally your seat will be completed within 2-3 weeks after your build date, and then shipped out. Because there are so many variables involved, no promise or commitment can be made regarding shipping or delivery dates.

When do I have to pay? - Russell will call each customer after the seat is built and ready to ship to get payment information. That way you know when your seat is shipping.

I will keep this thread updated with our progress, but once you've contacted me, I will update everyone who is participating via email as we reach each goal. These group buys have filled quickly in the past, so I suggest not waiting around for us to reach the 20% level. We'll get there faster if you jump in sooner, and then you don't risk missing out!

Please do not contact Russell with questions regarding this group buy. I would prefer to act as an intermediary, so contact me and I will get answers from Russell for anything I don't already have covered.

Russell Website Link

If you want to participate, please email me. I have created an email account specifically to handle this group buy:

[email protected]

When you email me: Please include your full name, contact phone #(requested by Russell in case they need to contact you) and use the email address you would like me to use to contact you.

Thanks for your participation, and I hope to make this group buy a success!

-Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Counting myself, we are now at 10 participants! So we have already earned 10% off of our seats.

Please note that this group buy is open to non-forum members also, so don't wait. I'd hate to see any FJRForum members miss out!

-Paul

What's the count?
We are currently at 47 people. That is a few more than I expected by the end of day 2!

I think that speaks a lot about Russell and their products.

We will most likely achieve the full 20% discount before the weekend is over, so don't hesitate on this one. I think it will be filled (100 people) very quickly and I don't want to see any members who want in miss out on it.

-Paul