Russell Day-Long Seats - WAY BACK ORDERED!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRinFL-Dale

Reaction score
Hey guys... I finally made the phone call to Russell today after talking with FJRJeff down here in Florida... Everyone raves about the seat, so I decided to give them a call about the order process and such.... I was able to schedule my seat for....... JUNE 11th, 2007! That is right... June 11th is the first available slot they had for a SHIP IT IN job.... Drive in Job first available is June 28th!

So, if you are thinking about Russell.... And want it for a summer trip.... Better get on it now!

FJRinFL-Dale

Jupiter FL

The turn around on Russell's really improved! My first buy took something like 6 months to schedule the build date.

BTW: There's a reason for why Russell is buisier than Seargent. :p

Russell's take a while to make. They have 4-5 guys that work on the seats and that's it. Each one is made by hand, and is made for you. It also takes the better part of a day for each seat too.

I got lucky and they had an opening last year for me a few weeks from when I called, so I just took a long weekend and road up there. 1800 mile round trip, and the ride home was definately better than the ride there!

I just got my Russel back about 2 weeks ago. Nice people there. I set up my build date in December or January. Late March was the best they could do even after I promised Katy flowers. Delivery times are long but as Bounce pointed out there is a reason and its a good one...My ass just loves that seat.

I waited until winter last year. I contacted them in early Jan '07. The whole process was really great and really fast.

From Ontario Canada, down to them, built and back in no time (can't remember the exact dates but it was fast).

Do it during the off-season if you want it fast. It is a great seat and you get what you pay for. Too bad they are flooded during the summer.

I am sure the odd person may not like the Russell, but I sent them everything they requested (picture wise) and told them how and where I want to sit. They made their seat, and incorporated my wishes. They even called me during the build to ensure something. My Russell grabs my ass like a cheap hooker and I get full support on my ass, tailbone and thighs fully and evenly distributed. It is very comfortable for me and I am sure it will be heavenly once it is fully broken in.

I don't work for them or know anyone there; I think they have an awesome product. They stand securely on their own.

Another good reason to get a Sargent, you'll have it in a week and if you don't like it for some odd reason (I've liked all 4 of mine) you can send your stock POS into Russel/Mayer and ride the Sargent until it arrives then sell the Sargent here.

my review/photos here:

Clicky

Steve

yep. that buy it/sell it (to save money) was what cost me so much while trying to avoid buying my first Russell. By the time I bit the bullet, I'd spend much more than if I'd just gone top shelf in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator: