Sad News About Big Sky

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great guy from what I have read in his messages on the forum. Praying everything turns out well for him and his family.

This is indeed worrisome news. I know that Cole has a rustic family cabin on the Jefferson, which he offered to let me use when we were passing thru in 2014. I wonder if that is what they meant by "camping". Cole told me that they often float fished the river from there. I will remain hopeful that he just got turned around and will come walking out of the woods and back to his lovely wife and family soon.

This is indeed worrisome news. I know that Cole has a rustic family cabin on the Jefferson, which he offered to let me use when we were passing thru in 2014. I wonder if that is what they meant by "camping". Cole told me that they often float fished the river from there. I will remain hopeful that he just got turned around and will come walking out of the woods and back to his lovely wife and family soon.
I didn't know about the cabin, but, being an optimist about most things, I expect that a healthy man who is experienced in the woods should survive quite a while up there even under adverse circumstances.

Boy - this is heart breaking. Cole and I have shared several PMs together and I have so much respect for his writing. I too was (AM STILL) hoping that we could one day meet.

I wish I knew what they are thinking in terms of what happened? Perhaps "recovery" is the term used after so much time has elapsed "searching" - this guy is smart as a whip and I assume he was camping in familiar territory.

Remaining very optimistic and hopeful.

ahh, man.. I just messaged him yesterday cause I was hoping he'd be at the Red Lodge get to together.. EFF EFF EFF//

Prayers.

Holy Crap! I hope this concludes with a happy ending. I wonder what the heck happened. He has always been a really cool guy.

I'm hoping this turns out well for him and his loved ones. I've been a fan of his since, forever. Very sad news. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remaining hopeful of a good news story, we had a few PM conversations and he is a cool dude.

Son of a B____. Believe I chatted with him several years ago at a bike show up here, had his books, newsletter etc., heck of a nice couple. This has not been a good year on the forum so far.

Well, until we hear further news, I'll assume he's still fighting to get back with his loved ones. Wishing this ends up with him having a hell of a story to tell. I will stay hopeful.

Well this news just SUCKS.

Never met him but I too am one who has always enjoyed his posts. Hoping n praying that I (we) still will be able to in the future.

GOD DAMN IT! I communicated many times with him in PMs about Montana and purchased his book. I was looking forward to meeting him sometime soon.

I hope there is good news.
+1

I did the same. He and I wanted to meet when I passed through that area with the family last July. I just "Couldn't make the time" to alter my schedule to meet him.

I am going to keep hoping and I will pray that he turns up alive.

Well this sucks! Hoping for the best outcome. From his post I really liked the guy.

Prayers being said,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.