Saturday Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRJeff

Reaction score
I have a riding buddy/coworker/friend moving away from the Northwest to the East Coast, and he's doing his last PNW ride this upcoming Saturday.

He rides a Valk, so there's likely to be several members of the Valkyrie group along, also possibly a Moto Guzzi.

HOPEFULLY, I'm not the only FJR in the group.

Anyways, we're meeting up Saturday morning, riding up to Camp 18 for a lumberjack's breakfast, then heading out somewhere (don't know the details yet).

If you're interested in joining us for what looks to be a great day of riding, here's what I know right now:

Meet in the parking lot of the CompUSA across from Lamphere's Beaverton Honda/Yamaha at 7:45am on August 5th. We will depart this area at 8:00 to make sure we hit our reservation at 9:15.

Drop a post in the forum if you're interested so we can get a head count. I will post any further details on the route as I get them.

Hope to see you there!

Not determined, but the ride after breakfast right now looks like it may be:

Astoria, via back roads, into WA, up the coast, back across the valley towards St. Helens...

Appears to be 10 Valks at the moment, and my lonesome FJR...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, make sure you represent. Don't be intimidated! :p I'd join you, but my butt still hurts from the trip home from Reno. Also, heading to a Mariner's game Friday night.

(I still never heard back from my buddy over east about Hells Canyon. So much for email, I'll call him)

Jeff

have fun with the Valk's and let them keep you in sight. I'd join up but have to work on Sat. My butt is also a bit sore from Reno but I didn't take the long way home like a couple of other local dudes.

I'm not intimidated by Valks - if they get too far ahead, I catch up when they stop for gas. :D

(I still never heard back from my buddy over east about Hells Canyon. So much for email, I'll call him)
It looks like it's been in the upper 40s/low 50s overnight out there, upper 90s in the day, so right now, it's similar to here. We'll just have to suck it up and schedule it and see what happens, I guess.

You need to ditch that stocker and make your butt happy....

You need to ditch that stocker and make your butt happy....
I'd love to upgrade the saddle as soon as possible, trust me. I'm on the front end of a slow down on the bike budget for awhile, though, now that Reno has come/gone. What can I say? I'm a state employee and get paid jack.

Latest posts