saturday the 16th of october

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well apparently this ride was not meant to happen.....rode thru the mist to Hollyweird, which was sorta pleasant, and made it to Sunset. Went to a 76 station that wasn't the right one......stopped to gas up and call Richard for directions. Went to my cell and had an urgent message I needed to drop some keys off half way to Palm Springs, in Beaumont. This was not good and light years from Malibu. Got the keys and went to Beaumont. So to sum up my day I put on about 250 miles of hi speed slab work today and saw nothing.......LOL........hope everybody had a good one out there.....will try for the next one it looks like........

LG

Well apparently this ride was not meant to happen.....rode thru the mist to Hollyweird, which was sorta pleasant, and made it to Sunset. Went to a 76 station that wasn't the right one......stopped to gas up and call Richard for directions. Went to my cell and had an urgent message I needed to drop some keys off half way to Palm Springs, in Beaumont. This was not good and light years from Malibu. Got the keys and went to Beaumont. So to sum up my day I put on about 250 miles of hi speed slab work today and saw nothing.......LOL........hope everybody had a good one out there.....will try for the next one it looks like........

LG
AT LEAST YOU GOT TO RIDE, I AM STILL STUCK ON THE 5 IN MY CAGE. DR

Well heres a quick summation of the days ride.........wet and filled with calamities.

This was my first FJR ride that involved a crash, and then after lunch while checking on the crashed bike someone managed to drop their bike on a down grade while trying to do a U turn...

More to follow alone with some pictures of the bike that went over the cliff.

FYI no riders were injured in the making of this movie.

R

Home safe after filling up at Costco (that was quite a line).

Well heres a quick summation of the days ride.........wet and filled with calamities. R
Lets not forget the gas station incident. It was proven, you can not get 7 gallons of fuel in a 5 gallon tank. Nothing exploded and no one caught fire. That's how the ride started off. :eek:
Gunny a couple posts back, we should have canceled the ride. Great seeing everyone again and meeting Carl and Bob. I always like Malibu Seafood. I think a couple bikes would be ok if we just slept in. Rain happens, usually not an issue, but these roads are so twistie and nasty in the wet.... just ugly ya know, no shoulder, narrow blind turns, steep up and down hills, heavy mist, water on visor extrerior (contstant wiping), interior visor fogging (more wiping and opening), slow turns at 10mph max, rocks, sand, bicyclists, fog (maybe 30 feet visibility in spots)... :dribble:

Frwy was nice and clear on the 405 going home, for a change.

Bummer for those two. I forgot my camera so Richard post up a ride report.

Last edited by a moderator:
... Eating breakfast right now...
Is this Facebook?Waiting for proof of this mess.
You NorCal GenII goofus.
Can't you read? Almost everyone had a camera except me. Richard and Bill have pix and video, but they are playing the I won't post until you post first game.

You wiper of other peoples bottoms! I unplug my nostrils at you! You silly person.

Yes, it was kind of a crazy day.

I broke off from the group and went to the rock store. As I was heading up Mulholland dr toward Kanan, I saw a car off on the left side shoulder. It appeared that the car spun out and hit a motorcycle that was parked on the shoulder. No one was hurt. This happened as you take that sharp right turn just before the look out.

I'll post some pics when i get a chance.

On a positive note, it was great seeing everyone and I had a blast riding in the rain and fog.

I so much wanted to go. I didnt get done until 2:30, The only riding I got in was a trip to Compton to show a listing I have. Cant wait to see pics of the ride and the report with the crash details. dr

Hey Guys,

Thanks to all for the help today and I really do appreciate it a lot. Feel great, no bodily malfunctions, just a severely dulled silver FJR to fix or replace and a bruised ego.

We followed the tow truck driver back to the storage facility to check it out...Thanks Richard for the tip, it was up right and looked funky but I could have taped the windshield down and probably rode it home. Broken pegs, mirrors broken, motor ran fine, lots of scratched plastic..... just not a pretty picture. Decided to pick it up Monday and have a bit of a closer look.

What a calamity of weirdness today: The weather, the gas spill, my crash, Bill's whatever that was, phones didn't work, I didn't get my fish and chips, a Toyota did a complete 360 in front of us on the 405 going home. Yikes....get me home in one piece.

I just wanted to add this;

I thank God every day for all the 10's of thousands of miles of flawless performance and absolutely great fun I've had on that motorcycle. Rider error...maybe, probably... I would never blame my FJR buddy.

WW's FJR

HBLARRY

Glad you're OK Larry.

Bummer about the scoot. Now you can ride to Avila Beach on your new GenII. :D
Simon,

I should be distraught and bummed out but I'm not. I've had such an incredibly great time on that bike.....it's always been a thrill every time I fired it up.

Wife already said I could buy another one. So, we'll see.

Thanks for riding up with me today, hope the fish and chips were good, I had to settle for a Baconator at Wendys in Newberry Springs.

WW's FJR

HBLARRY

what a weird day.here we go.i had two of my friends in tow with me leaving moreno valley at 630am heading to meet richard at the starbucks on hawthorne.all the way not really rain but heavy mist,dew or whatever the fk you wanna call it.

we rolled out from there heading to meet more peeps at the station on pch and sunset.heres were the signs were not read correctly as to the prequil to the day.my buddy carl whom i was in the us army with in 1977 came down from washington and rode my wifes honda shadow.fill it up carl i say as i really dont know the milage you can go on it.

see pic below and notice the 2 gallons of gas that he pumped back into the earth.

malibu2010003.jpg

off on the route we go,not alot of fast riding,but more of defensive tactics to avoid disaster.fog got real thick in some spots.

malibu2010004.jpg

ride report round 2

we kept on the route hoping for better weather but on last road down to pch where the fish and chip heaven simon was jonesing for was located mr larry who was right behind me had his mishap.i came into a tight downhill sharp right,eased thru,happened to look in my mirror and saw a man in black sliding across the road,i thought what the fk was that for a instant but realized the dealio.called richard on the bike to bike and told him we had a crash and come back up,he of course isnt afraid of rainy roads so was alittle ahead.dont know how he went down but someone will post pics.my battery was dead on the video.

went to lunch,we all decided to go back up the road to see if larry was loaded up,here came the tow truck passing us just before the crash site,we all flipped bitches,heres where i had my episode,turned left to u turn,it was to downhill to the left,past the point of no return and laid down my fjr,tossed me off down the semi steep slope and i rolled acouple of times.from what i hear simon and a few others also had o shit moments.picked her up,very minor damage,mirror,small scratch on bag.i myself fked up my knee somehow,hyperextended whatever.probably worse off than larry and he crashed.so heres your fkn ride report.have a nice day fkn day.

malibu2010005.jpg