saturday the 16th of october

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those picture look pretty good. I'm thinking that it would be a fairly easy fix.
Sorry Steve,

My silvers ran together.....

Tomorrow will be the look for cracks and busted whatevers.

Did you say that you had a set of bar risers w/ set backs?

If so hang onto them for me.....maybe I don't need a new bike just yet.

WW'sFJR

Larry

Larry i think i have a mirror

R
Larry, If Richard does not have a mirror I am almost certain that I do. SkooterG installed FZ-1 mirrors on my 2003 FJR a number of years ago and I am almost certain I have both stored away somewhere in my garage. [email protected] 480-440-4666
Most excellent beeerdons :yahoo:

This is looking better all the time. Please hold on to them for me. I'm taking it apart today. I'll give you a call this morning. It's raining kind of hard here today.....fine garage working weather.

WW's FJR

Larry

Wow, I saw that thing hung up in the brush over the edge of a 200 ft. hillside! Then I saw it chained down on it's side on a flatbed coming down out of the canyon! Now looking at these pictures, it looks like it might live!

Probably too soon to get your hopes up, but here's hoping for good news!

Wow, I saw that thing hung up in the brush over the edge of a 200 ft. hillside! Then I saw it chained down on it's side on a flatbed coming down out of the canyon! Now looking at these pictures, it looks like it might live!

Probably too soon to get your hopes up, but here's hoping for good news!
redtail,

That tree/bush caught it kind of nicely. I'm getting into it now.....several pieces ready for primer and paint. Repairing the windshield bracket and starting on the right and left panels today. Lots of work.....OK so far.

WW's FJR

:asshat: Even with cagers.

That turn for those not in SoCal, is the most photographed on Mulholland, and it gets the most crashes. The CHP Sheriff etc, lives for those idiots every weekend. As you see many people line up and watch the morons crash, it's a great time to pass the day.

Glad no one was hurt. Thanks for posting Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on Topic: Larry, Found a right original stock mirror for my 2003 FJR in my garage. But, unfortunately left mirror still hasn't turned up in my search. I'll keep looking!

And now you know why you couldn't talk me into riding with you to the Rock Store! There seems to be broken bits of man and machine there most weekends.

There is a nice little cutoff from Mulholland Hwy, called Troutdale Dr. that takes you to Kanan Rd. You can then run up Kanan and jump back on Mulholland avoiding the mayhem.

All the rest of the Mulholland Hwy is a great ride, just watch for gravel as you near the beach.

There's also a nice Deli near Troutdale/Kanan that's frequented by a mellower crew. Usually a dozen or so bikes and great Tri Tip sandwiches!

Back on Topic: Larry, Found a right original stock mirror for my 2003 FJR in my garage. But, unfortunately left mirror still hasn't turned up in my search. I'll keep looking!
Beemerdons,

I did locate a left and right mirror set for an '03. Thanks for checking for me. The search is still on now for the footpegs. Spent a lot of time on the internet yesterday nothing popping up just yet. I don't think I want to go with the billet machined pieces. A little wider might be OK. Working on the lower side panels today.

WW's FJR

Back to US size measures tomorrow.........hooray..... :yahoo: :yahoo:

R