"sbs" brake pads - has anyone any experience with?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't check prices or product numbers or anything before I called the dealer to order them. I know that sounds totally out of charactor for me, but that's what I did.

He asked me if I wanted these or the OEM ones and I said I didn't know what the difference would be. He suggested going with these after market ones and I said, "yeah, go ahead and order them."

Only when I saw them, and noticed that they looked different, I got concerned.

That's when I started doing a little more research (I know, it's backwards....I should have been proactive....but I wasn't).

So, now I have these "sbs" ones(un-opened). I think I'll bring them back tomorrow and ask him to order the yamaha ones.

They (the original ones) seem to last a very long time anyway, and you're right....the price is not even any different.

Thanks....

-Iris

I have these fitted to my bike at the moment. When I fitted them, they were slightly smaller than OE, but went in fine. I have used them for 2k+ miles now and they are as good as OE for stopping power/feel. In the UK the OE pads were charged out per pair whilst the SBS came as per caliper. SBS were half price compared to OE. Yamaha are taking the piss with brake pad prices!

My strong recommendation is to stick with OEM. Other than cost, there are no issues with OEM.

I have these fitted to my bike at the moment. When I fitted them, they were slightly smaller than OE, but went in fine. I have used them for 2k+ miles now and they are as good as OE for stopping power/feel. In the UK the OE pads were charged out per pair whilst the SBS came as per caliper. SBS were half price compared to OE. Yamaha are taking the piss with brake pad prices!
You have a second gen. Iris has a first gen. There is only one pair of pads per caliper on a first gen

It's only the 2nd gens that Yamaha is taking the piss on. Sorry for you. :p

Latest posts