Scotch In Castlegar

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joseph, if you want to bring more supplys you can transfer them to my bike when you stop with Mike. I don't drink so it would be safe. :)
Thanks, Ray, but I suspect that this is far enough over the top as it already stands.

Happy Welding!! See you in La Pine.... and points north.

If anyone can bring a bottle of Evan Williams bourbon, I'd be in your debt. Can't find this in WA.
I'll check the local store. :)
Hudson,

Do yourself a big favor and instead of Evan Williams, try a bottle of Ezra Brooks, We've done a number of blind bourbon tastings around here and Ezra comes out on top, even though it is typically cheaper. If I'm not drinking Eagle Rare (too expensive for every day), it's Ezra.

Shame on the co-ordinators of this event (that I will miss), for not explaining the Liquor Laws for this region of British Columbia! :angry: As Castlegar and area contains the largest DOUKHOBOR population outside of Europe, it is well known in Canada that LIQUOR, of any type, IS NOT ALLOWED due to the religious beliefs of this group of immigrants. :dribble: The NAFO & CFR are DRY events :eek: unless you travel approximately 250 Kms. away from Castlegar to areas where liquor can be consumed in the usual manner.

If you have any further questions, please contact FastJoy Ride who has no idea that I have pulled your leg this way. ENJOY!! :yahoo:

Shame on the co-ordinators of this event (that I will miss), for not explaining the Liquor Laws for this region of British Columbia! :angry: As Castlegar and area contains the largest DOUKHOBOR population outside of Europe, it is well known in Canada that LIQUOR, of any type, IS NOT ALLOWED due to the religious beliefs of this group of immigrants. :dribble: The NAFO & CFR are DRY events :eek: unless you travel approximately 250 Kms. away from Castlegar to areas where liquor can be consumed in the usual manner.

If you have any further questions, please contact FastJoy Ride who has no idea that I have pulled your leg this way. ENJOY!! :yahoo:
Thanks for the heads up Cowcop, I amended my NAFO Packing List: "Add Louisville Slugger baseball bat (baseball not required!) in order to "discuss" this issue with FastJoyRide!"

Tu Papa Chuy Viejo is a two-fisted drinker, Herradura Tequila Especial in my right hand and Negra Modelo Cerveza in my left: Los Borrachos Grande con Mucho Gusto, ese!

100_0598.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Appreciate if you find one, Ray. Fred, will have to find Ezra some time, also not in WA. Love me some Eagles Rare 17, still nursing my last bottle from the WFO in Eureka.

Appreciate if you find one, Ray. Fred, will have to find Ezra some time, also not in WA. Love me some Eagles Rare 17, still nursing my last bottle from the WFO in Eureka.
Janet and I will be visiting the Maker's Mark distillary today. We will be bring a personally dipped bottle to NAFO with us.

Gee I can't thank you enough Glenn! Rest assured that despite my ex-LEO friend's prank above, no baseball bats will be needed at NAFO, (although base-a-ball has been berry, berry good - to me!)

I just sent you a PM. the local store also has the Ezra and I think I saw the Eagles also. Should I do some more shopping???? :)

Calm down Mike. It all has a way of making you smarter and better looking. That's why I had to quit,I was to smart. Looks not so much. ;)

I just sent you a PM. the local store also has the Ezra and I think I saw the Eagles also. Should I do some more shopping???? :)
Many thanks for the Evans. Tried EZra today, a bit strong compared to Evans.

Would someone share a glass of Glen Fiddich with me if I bring some? I ain't no a-fee-shee-nado but I knows what I likes!

BigChunk
You will find that most forumites quit using a glass when they discovered the funnel :rolleyes: . I'm sure you will have no problem finding help with consuming the scotch.