seattle to bellingham area riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shu

Reaction score
since not everyone is on the map, if you are generally in the seattle to bellingham area, would you mind just droppin' a howdy here so i can see who's close, and maybe we can do some more rides without waiting for a "big one"?

thanks.

shu

Howdy from Marysville..., getting together for a ride or just a meet up at a local pub sounds good to me.

Checking in from Kent ...
cool! we got a pretty good sized riding group already! and freshmeat, i just left kent a couple years ago after 21 years on the fire department there. you got some nice roads out that way, too. i used to LOVE riding out the green river valley and up onto the enumclaw plateau and all around out there.

OK - so what days are best for everybody to go ride, and what would you like to do? i'd like to buzz over to winthrop over 20, maybe spend the night there, and then head down 97 and come back around rainier maybe?

i'm not a burner, but like to cruise along. not gonna do 300 miles a day, unless forced. prefer to pull off now and then for a fruit stand or a pretty spot by the river to rest me arse and take a few pics.

any other ideas? would be fun to ride down the canal and over to the ocean - maybe down to long beach?

i'm easy. and i can go pretty much any day but tuesdays.

speak up, and we'll make sumpthin happen.

james (shu)

I'm pretty much limited to weekends and holidays for the remainder of the riding season. A N. Cascades run sounds super (or anywhere really, most lkely not overnight, but with enough planning ya never know).

I'll sound off. I'm in North Creek.

Group ride sounds great. Lolo Pass might be a good choice.

About 600 miles each way depending on your trajectory.

I'll sound off. I'm in North Creek.
Group ride sounds great. Lolo Pass might be a good choice.

About 600 miles each way depending on your trajectory.
don't know lolo pass, but always willing to learn something new. course, 1200 miles for me is about 4 days! :eek:

sounds like maybe weekends, and if we start early, maybe the folks who need to be home sat night could bail and return. i'll just toss up a couple dates and routes, and see who's interested...

thanks again. stay tuned...

shu

Color me in at Monroe, the city of horses, NASCAR & a few miscreants behind the big wall! :p

I'm a cruiser, too. I don't have enough butt nor hair to burn!

Last edited by a moderator:
On Setember 8,9 and 10, there is a "get together" at the Coulee House Motel in Coulee Dam WA. It's middle age and older sprot touring guys. usually about 20 people. A short ride on Saturday for lunch but a lot of tire kicking bull shiting. This group has been getting together for over ten years. You guys are welcome to gives us a look see.

Phil Johnson

Des Moines

[email protected]

Bob here in North Seattle. Thursday would be best for me for a day ride, but really any day could work with planning since I'm retired. Lolo Pass is nice but I'd say about 3 days with some trekking around Eastern Washington. I'd like to hook up with some of you.

Bob

Hi all,

I'm in Friday Harbor on San Juan island during the summers now. I'm still working but self-employed so can work weekends and ride/sail during the week if need be. I'll be riding the FJR back to NM through the north cascades and then the Rockies sometime in Sept. Probably mid-Sept. Anybody want to join me for part of this ride?

Hi all,
I'm in Friday Harbor on San Juan island during the summers now. I'm still working but self-employed so can work weekends and ride/sail during the week if need be. I'll be riding the FJR back to NM through the north cascades and then the Rockies sometime in Sept. Probably mid-Sept. Anybody want to join me for part of this ride?
kindofblue-

let me when you're ready to migrate south, specifically the Burlington/Hwy20/es wa leg and if I'm able, I'll join you...

Fjroamer, an '03'er here (one of first Feejers delivered to Wa. in 1st yr) Looks like a good bit of the original gang has "dissipated"?

Habitating in Woodinville and enjoy "roaming" with many 500+ mile days. Less mileage would be enjoyable and leisurely to me and is most accectable. Have travelled most all paved roads in Pac N.W. (Wa. Id. Or. lots of B.C., western Mt. Wy.) and always looking for the "road less travelled".

* I've even been known to venture off the tarmac--- oops!

Last edited by a moderator: