Second Annual Birds, Beans, and Bierstadt Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooo, J.B., are we meeting at the Shell just off I-5/Hwy 12?

6437 Banner Street, with the indoor seating @ the built-in Wendy's?

Then head north on Thornton Rd. a couple of miles to Woodbridge Rd.....huh? :dntknw:

JB, Jan and I will try to make this one, but it depends on my travel. I will be flying in from Ontario Canada, arriving home at midnight (3:00 body time). If the weather holds and I get in on time, and if I'm not too worn out from traveling, I will meet the group at Elk Grove.

John

JB, Jan and I will try to make this one, but it depends on my travel. I will be flying in from Ontario Canada, arriving home at midnight (3:00 body time). If the weather holds and I get in on time, and if I'm not too worn out from traveling, I will meet the group at Elk Grove.
John
It should be an "easy" day with lots of standing and looking. It would be great to see you guys but only you know how tired you'll be....choose safety!

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooo, J.B., are we meeting at the Shell just off I-5/Hwy 12?
6437 Banner Street, with the indoor seating @ the built-in Wendy's?

Then head north on Thornton Rd. a couple of miles to Woodbridge Rd.....huh? :dntknw:
I got five days to figure it out. But that sounds like it might be the place I may think about recommending we consider meeting at, possibly.... :blink:

A reminder that this is not a traditional ride. It's more a cultural excursion and opportunity to hang with your forum buddies. The actual riding involved is your getting there, then 10 minutes from rendezvous to the birds, about 20 to lunch, and 30 or so through farmland to the museum in Stockton. Then home. For me, the visiting is the best part. Hell, I can ride any time; it's the visiting that's always too short IMHO.

A reminder that this is not a traditional ride. It's more a cultural excursion and opportunity to hang with your forum buddies. The actual riding involved is your getting there, then 10 minutes from rendezvous to the birds, about 20 to lunch, and 30 or so through farmland to the museum in Stockton. Then home. For me, the visiting is the best part. Hell, I can ride any time; it's the visiting that's always too short IMHO.
That's what makes it so attractive to us dads totin' our kids. They're not ready for a day of blitzing the highways in a screaming pack of FJRs. I've got a long, slow route figured out from San Leandro (Fremont? Ha!) to the meetup spot. Not a mile of divided highway, lots of red lights and stop signs. And when we get there we spend the day just milling about, looking at neat stuff with daddy's buddies.

“I must decline your invitation owing to a subsequent engagement.” - Oscar Wilde?

But seriously, Hans, I've a commitment for Saturday and won't make this muster.

Could one of you bastards at least take a few photos and post them?

(Geez, I'll miss HYCLE making up facts about the cranes' mating rituals,

and HYCLE eating from Terri's plate at lunch,

and HYCLE making smart-assed comments while y'all are "standing and looking",

and HYCLE giving long, "special" hugs to the other participants. :blink:

-sigh- ...Love ya, Mikey.)

The forecast looks good.

Have fun, comrades.

“I must decline your invitation owing to a subsequent engagement.” - Oscar Wilde?
But seriously, Hans, I've a commitment for Saturday and won't make this muster.

Could one of you bastards at least take a few photos and post them?

(Geez, I'll miss HYCLE making up facts about the cranes' mating rituals,

and HYCLE eating from Terri's plate at lunch,

and HYCLE making smart-assed comments while y'all are "standing and looking",

and HYCLE giving long, "special" hugs to the other participants. :blink:

-sigh- ...Love ya, Mikey.)

The forecast looks good.

Have fun, comrades.
We'll miss you, but look forward to seeing you another time.

Actually, the current forecast for Stockton:

Areas of morning fog; mostly cloudy with a shower in places....

....and it is OM's fault! :bleh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Culture is not a club.

It comes in a cup DC

pr_fob_lg.jpg