SFO 10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May 13th is my birthday. Because the family won't accompany me to SFO, I voted for may 20th. Of course, I haven't spent my birthday with my Forum family before. :mda:

I like drinking when I get to ES. Rain or shine. Hell, just getting to ES is enough for me. Getting out of there is just as much fun. Next time I might bring my girlfriend.....you pups might be in for a hoot.

If you book it, they will come! The change from April to May knocked me out this year because of the "W" word, but mine is only one vote. We here in Florida understand what one vote means!

I vote for sometime in early May, maybe even the same 1st wknd. It can't rain twice in a row on the same wknd, can it? :blink:

I vote for sometime in early May, maybe even the same 1st wknd. It can't rain twice in a row on the same wknd, can it? :blink:
It rained last year too, more often than not, so it does seem to be a pattern and I'm trying to lessen the chances. We never had rain in Russellville so I think ES's location has something to do with it too. With next year being a special event, I'm gonna do what it takes to give us the best odds of a nice weekend and April and early May just don't seem to be it up there.

It rained last year too, more often than not, so it does seem to be a pattern and I'm trying to lessen the chances. We never had rain in Russellville so I think ES's location has something to do with it too. With next year being a special event, I'm gonna do what it takes to give us the best odds of a nice weekend and April and early May just don't seem to be it up there.
If you do it before the April-May window it will be pretty cool. If you wait till after, it will be pretty warm. Might not be as quite as rainy in the fall, but you'll have more people on the road looking at the fall colors. We did have a lot of rain this year, but the temps were nice. Don't know if it's possible to shedule it when the weather is ideal. Rain happens. Especially in the spring. I'm probably good with any time as long as it's not in the warmest time of the year.

GP

I like drinking when I get to ES. Rain or shine. Hell, just getting to ES is enough for me. Getting out of there is just as much fun. Next time I might bring my girlfriend.....you pups might be in for a hoot.
I dunno...

3577048816_7957999c74.jpg

I voted May but I'll be there, regardless.

Got some new 905's and belgium back-sliders on the bike in anticipation!

--hellcreep

I've been following this thread because CFO is thinking of moving it's date, again, and I just might make a dash to Eureka Springs myself. Rain has been your big concern so I looked up so of the historical averages for Eureka Springs HERE According to that on average April is the driest of the three months April, May and June and May the wettest.

What does this all mean?? I dunno <shrug> rain is a crap shoot. Maybe this info will help a bit.

I've been following this thread because CFO is thinking of moving it's date, again, and I just might make a dash to Eureka Springs myself. Rain has been your big concern so I looked up so of the historical averages for Eureka Springs HERE According to that on average April is the driest of the three months April, May and June and May the wettest.
What does this all mean?? I dunno <shrug> rain is a crap shoot. Maybe this info will help a bit.
That's what the hotel staff told us too, there's just no way to know. This year has been pretty crappy weather down here so maybe things will be better next year. But it's also about our Canadians friends who may have to ride through snow and ice to get down here. I keep pushing it further towards summer for them too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad thing is that last year the weather was perfect the week before and the week after, i bet it will work out this time

Arkansas as had one of the wettest years in history this year. I went to an MTF rally in Russellville a couple of week ago and it rain 2 days. I would do what you think is best as the vote shows and we will come. Or as they say "You paysss ya money and ya takes ya chancessss."

I like April, I get older that time of year. But it doesn't matter for me in '10, will be gearing up for deployment round then anyway. :assassin:

I'm gonna close the poll here because the dates were chosen months ago and previously mentioned here and here. Thanks for you input everyone, hopefully El Nino goes away soon!