Shipping a Motorcycle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmashVol

Reaction score
Found one topic but wanted to check to see what companies you have had experience with. I may have to move due to changing jobs and want to make sure the bike gets there safely!

I've shipped twice with motorcycleshippers.com with good results. If you go to their site you get the price quote right there and you can book the whole thing at once. The second time took longer than expected but the weather wasn't the best. They advertise 99.4 percent on time delivery. They seem to have skilled people and do a good job of protecting the bike.

Thanks for the feedback and saw them mentioned somewhere else. Seems to have a good rep. Appreciate it!

Echoing Ray, I've used JC Motors Motorcycle Transport once a few years ago. Good service but not completely damage free since the bike arrived with a scratched mirror and saddlebag. They did hold up their end of the bargain and sent me a check for repairs.

--G

My brother-in-law approached a local dealer and they boxed and shipped one for his wife. The agents at the receiving shippers were very disappointed to open a Harley Davidson box for him and find a 650 Burgman. ;) My brother-in-law thought that it was hilarious.

Some motorcycle shipping tips based on my experience:

• Make sure the bike is palettized and properly secured. Our shipper insisted on us driving the bike onto their pallet and holding the bike upright while they secured it to the pallet.
  • Look over the bike for anything that protrudes, aerials, gadget holders, etc., and do what you can to "draw them in" to prevent them from being bent or broken off.
  • Make sure the shipper covers the bike with plastic for shipping. This is just good shipping practice and probably doesn't add protection from anything other than dust.
Our experience was great. Atlanta to Seattle in four days with no damage. ...Don

I also like U-Ship. I just shipped my M109R from PA to Indiana. Enclosed trailer, $400. If you woul like more info, let me know.