shorten center stand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richardjames

Reaction score
Some one on this forum does cutting and welding. I can't find that person. I would take off the parts and send to him. He would do it and send them back . Does some one know how to get in touch with him ?

I got them already marked on how much to remove.  I suggest: 1) measure the distance between tire contact patches (wheelbase), 2) Place the bike up on the c'stand and measure the distance from the rear tire patch to the c'stand patch, 3)  determine how far you want to lower the rear tire with the shortened c'stand so you can change a tire, 4) use simple geometry to calculate how much to shorten the stand.

I got them already marked on how much to remove.  I suggest: 1) measure the distance between tire contact patches (wheelbase), 2) Place the bike up on the c'stand and measure the distance from the rear tire patch to the c'stand patch, 3)  determine how far you want to lower the rear tire with the shortened c'stand so you can change a tire, 4) use simple geometry to calculate how much to shorten the stand.
thanks for the answer! enjoy retirement I'm starting my eleventh year