Sidecase Labels Fall Off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K_Flyer

Reaction score
A couple of days ago, the "Yamaha" labels on both our right side case bags fell off! Unfortunately they dropped in the dirt and what adhesive was left collected a lot of dirt. It happened overnight and there they were, lying on the ground! It wasn't that hot that day, only 96F. Will get them replaced the next time in the shop but I'm surprised the adhesive failed so quickly.

Now I can't tell my BMW buddies that we've had no failures with the FJR's.
upset.gif

My right sticker came off, in the sun, last weekend. As Carlson said, a little cleaner and fresh glue....maybe I'll do it before EOM

I've lost 2, both on the right side. 1st one was under the 12 and 12, YES bought the second one. I guess I really should peel them both off and get some REAL glue.

I would clean them up and remount using 3M trim/emblem adhesive. Made especially for this sort of application.

41exg3wvnXL.jpg

3M also makes a two-sided trim and molding tape that works well.

Last edited by a moderator:
RossKean,

Just googled the 3M plastic and trim adhesive. Clearly the Canadian stuff from Amazon.ca must be far superior to the Amazon.com stuff. The U.S. Amazon price is a measly $4.47. Canadian Amazon is $50.05. Ours must be 10 times stickier.
mda.gif

What's with the newer bikes losing those rubber strips? Don't hear about many bikes older than 2012 losing them. Right about the time they went Chrome, the adhesive got wonky.

RossKean,
Just googled the 3M plastic and trim adhesive. Clearly the Canadian stuff from Amazon.ca must be far superior to the Amazon.com stuff. The U.S. Amazon price is a measly $4.47. Canadian Amazon is $50.05. Ours must be 10 times stickier.
mda.gif
Ever read the product warnings that come with that stuff?? Holy cow! Sounds like if my neighbor two blocks away lights a cigarette my garage might explode in an earth-shattering kaboom.

My Yamaha sticker fell of my left saddlebag. I've yet to find anything that will hold it on. Yes I tried all the stuff. It's been duct taped to the inside of the lid for many months now, hasn't fallen off yet!

Latest posts