Sidi Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monty

Reaction score
Are they really that much better than other brands to be that expensive? :huh:

Yes, take a look at the Sidi Fusion or Fusion Air Boots or Fusion Rain. All under $230.00. If you have wide feet, you might need to go half a size larger.
+1, I had to go up a size and I don't think I have a very wide foot, try one on before you buy.

Would agree with others also, they are worth it.

Sidi makes racing boots, mainly. The other boots they make, like the Fusion mentioned, inherit the benefits and research and experience etc from the racing models. I've had 2 pairs of Sidi's and love them. They are like gloves for your feet.

Seems the model I bought a few years ago isn't available now, but it's a light weight ankle boot that has some perforation in it for summer too. About 200 bucks. Slide in, slide out, zip on the side. Awesome boots.

here's a link to the ones I have, called the Sidi Slash. don't see them for sale now though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Alpinestars are nice too, and happen to fit me better than Sidi. +2 try before you buy. I would add to try many before you buy as fit is paramount.

I've been wearing a pair of Sidi Way Rains for the last season and half. Imagine my surprise when, at this year SE Ohio Ramble, to find myself with wet feet at the end of the day. Up until then my feet have stayed dry. I can't figure out for the life of me how. No cracked seams, tread is good.

I still like them a lot, though they really are on the narrow side, and I have narrow feet. I went up 1 size. I'd really couldn't wear them if they were a width smaller. The real problem with them is how hot they are. Their great in the cool or wet. Not so much in the dry and hot.

So I sit there with a couple of hundred in my paypal account toying with buying a pair of ST Air's or Fusion Air's. Maybe I'll hit up our local distributor and try on some Alpinestars as well.

I've been wearing a pair of Sidi Way Rains for the last season and half. Imagine my surprise when, at this year SE Ohio Ramble, to find myself with wet feet at the end of the day. Up until then my feet have stayed dry. I can't figure out for the life of me how. No cracked seams, tread is good.

I still like them a lot, though they really are on the narrow side, and I have narrow feet. I went up 1 size. I'd really couldn't wear them if they were a width smaller. The real problem with them is how hot they are. Their great in the cool or wet. Not so much in the dry and hot.

So I sit there with a couple of hundred in my paypal account toying with buying a pair of ST Air's or Fusion Air's. Maybe I'll hit up our local distributor and try on some Alpinestars as well.
Funny how your Sidis and my Alpinestars started leaking the same day. Must be something with Ohio rain. It can't be Sudbury acid rain or can it?

I have to agree that these supposedly waterproof Goretex boots are terribly uncomfortable in warm weather.

Funny how your Sidis and my Alpinestars started leaking the same day. Must be something with Ohio rain. It can't be Sudbury acid rain or can it?

I have to agree that these supposedly waterproof Goretex boots are terribly uncomfortable in warm weather.
Ever since they built the Superstack in the 70's, I'm surprised anything grows south of border.

I like the ST Airs, but their a little on the Robbie Racer side for me. Prolly hell to walk in. But they would be handy to kick a moose unconcious.

sudbury-superstack1.jpg

My American friends. This is why your fish have 3 eyes.

Here's the problem with all this highly acclaimed gear. You hear how great they are, you see that the prices are high, but you maybe swallow hard and send for some anyway: Sidi boots, a Russell seat, a Roadcrafter suit, some Held gloves, maybe a Schuberth or Shoei Neotec helmet, whatever. Mostly, you have to order on line, either because there's no dealer near you or just to try for the best price. You get it, and is it everything you hoped for? Is it the perfect fit for your shape of head, feet, hands or body? Well, maybe, or close. Or you go back and forth a couple of times to get it right, if the stars align right and you can work an exchange.

So you're either completely happy, or you like it but wish you could have spent less, or you like it some, but just decide to live with it because you've already used it and it's "supposed" to be the best, so you just need to get used to it. Maybe you've used it for a year before it starts to leak rain, too. It's frustrating as hell that you can't just go into a store and try on all the sizes of all the helmets, gloves, suits or boots, but 99 percent of the time, you just can't. For me, it's probably why I just hate like hell to think about replacing any of my gear. What a hassle.

I was actually looking at the "Street" model which most suppliers on the net are showing for around $200.00. I don't do any long distance riding anymore and was really looking for something to replace my worn out Icon Accelerant's, Something that doesn't look so much like a Franenstein shoe.

Thanks for the replies. :)

SacMike's such a downer.

I've had the Sidi Way Rain for a few years and they are still in great shape, with the exception of the zipper pull on one that broke off a couple of months ago. Still don't leak in a monsoon. But I'm with Mike, I won't replace them - broken zipper pull and all - until they are no longer functional.

Man! someone pass Mike a J! or a glass of vino! sheeesus Man, I almost started crying when I read that! ;)

actually, I'd suggest visitingThe Onion!!

Here's the latest headlines:

God Admits Humans Not Most Impressive Creation

Last Harry Potter Book Released, Fans Eagerly Flip To Last Page To See If Harry And Voldemort Finally Fuck

New Prius Helps Environment By Killing Its Owner

c'mon this is up to date news!!!! ;)

SacMike's such a downer.

I've had the Sidi Way Rain for a few years and they are still in great shape, with the exception of the zipper pull on one that broke off a couple of months ago. Still don't leak in a monsoon. But I'm with Mike, I won't replace them - broken zipper pull and all - until they are no longer functional.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would look at the BMW boots as well. I have their goretex boots from over twelves year ago...still waterproof....I paid three humdred for them back then but I think I got my moneys worth out of them. The soles are finally being worn down and I now fianlly have the leather cracking....Ive never conditioned them in my life...zippers still work...I think they are thinsulate lined as well...warm in the winter and cool in the summer to me...I ride them year round.

Well, I backed off the Sidi's and ordered the Ridge boot from Alpinestars. A riding buddy of mine has a pair of the older ones and loves them so I took his advice. Saved 50 bucks in the offing. :eh-smiley:

Call me lucky... I don't know. I went with a pair of Cruiserworks boots (Defender) about

3 years ago. I have over 100k on them and have been through some wet/cold/hot...

conditions, my feet have NEVER been wet. I didn't think I would like the lace up style,

but it truly gives you a custom fit.

The soles are getting worn, so I will have them resoled. The more I hear others having

problems with their brands, the less likely that I will try another boot. Stick with what

works seems like a good practice.