SiriusXM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warpdrv posted: Converted all my library to FLAC or MP3 and loaded them on my phone..... ended up with large Gig folder of tunes..... fire up the Sena - automatically pairs with phone, phone music player is set to random, hit play..... don't like the song, push and turn the knob on helmet and skip it...
Battery on the Sena will wear out before I ever hear the same song again....
Ding! Ding!

Kids: "But Dad, you'll never hear any new music like that."

Me: "Oh, I don't know. Songs come on that I swear I've never heard before."

I've got one receiver in the household activated (my wife likes it). If I want it in another vehicle, I can stream XM over my car stereo or my Sena. Otherwise it's Pandora, TuneIn radio, or just the stash of songs on my phone. We pay them as little as possible. And every time I've failed to renew, they ALWAYS come off of their price. And their sound quality does suck, but it's hard to tell inside of a helmet at highway speeds through the earplugs.

Joey.

I've had it on trial in three vehicles, and the only channels I listened to had ads for bullsh!t services I would never use.

I really despise all this functionality being built into the vehicle's entertainment system. I can get as much and more from my phone, and would simply like a way to mount it in place of the "radio".. of course, CarPlay and the like will make that possible...

When it was $5 a month, ok. I think it's like $185 a year now! Thanks, but no thanks.

It's done when the subs run out at the end of October. I work from home, so the amount of time I listen to it in the truck is minimal. The wife has it in her car, and never listens. The portable SoundDock we have is for the pool, but we moved, and no longer have the pool, and when we do, my Sonos Play 5, coupled with the Sonos music/radio/playlist choices, plus the 30 million songs available on Apple's streaming, plus the 6K songs I have on my iPhone, are puhlenty good...