SkooterG vs. the Iron Butt Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
Will I kick the IBR's ass? Or will it do me in? I am not sure I want to know the answer to that question, but I will be finding out shortly!

Well, in a few hours I am finally off to St.Louis for "The Show". I have been waiting for this for two years, and preparing for it heavily for the last year. It should be, ummmm........an interesting experience. There is no way to put into words what this event means to me.

It's been crazy around here the last week. Was taken on a roller coaster ride by a dealer who had my beloved dirty ol whore of an FJR in for surgery, and just couldn't seem to get it finished and back to me. The final result - new cam chain, tensioner, and chain guides. The knocking, or rattling sound is now gone, however, a new 'buzz' has taken it's place. Don't worry they say, it's just the new chain mating to the gears. Gulp! I am worrying.

Looking forward to seeing Iggy, Tobie & Lisa, Rick, and all the other FJRForum IBR participants in St.Louis.

Wish us all the best of luck in the Iron Butt Rally..............but wish me more! :D

Good Luck Skooter,

We'll all be rooting for the FJR crowd. Look forward to everyone's stories when it is over and all are back safe and sound.

gypsy

I'm sure its going to be like a Sunday ride in the park for you....Good luck to you Skooter, hope everything works out as planned. Are you using the satellite tracking also?

It's been crazy around here the last week. Was taken on a roller coaster ride by a dealer who had my beloved dirty ol whore of an FJR in for surgery, and just couldn't seem to get it finished and back to me. The final result - new cam chain, tensioner, and chain guides.
Brilliant. Major bike surgery immediately before the 'Butt, with no real time to thoroughly exercise all systems to ensure everything is rock-solid. Kinda like Matt doing a valve clearance check (not a small service) a week before Showtime.

Why do I bother mentoring you and Iggy if you're not going to follow sage advice? This shit should've been done months ago, gentlemen. :blink:

Oh well... maybe everything will be just fine. Maybe. You got a high Kharma Quotient.... right? :unsure:

Let's chat about your new engine buzz at St. Louis.... I'll be there tomorrow night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck Skooter...

(I was thinking the same thing as Warchild... :unsure: )

Again, I'm on the lista if you experience any difficulties in my area... I'm riding out to the start... hope to meet you and finally get White Pine Express details first hand.

Safe voyage, Skoot.

Good thing everyone waited for Summer to heat up before heading out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of fun luck and safety to you! I look forward to hearing the stories and we'll be following your status and thinking of you!

Ride hard, have fun!