Skyway Motocycle Accessories

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpbfjr

WpbFJR
Reaction score
i ordered solteks and mounting brackets during the group buy...

the soleteks arrived +/- one month later, but as of this post, no mounting brackets...

i'm frustrated, especially after ian called me on 8/24/07 about my order. we spoke for 79 mins according to my cell phone bill. ian said he'd been overwhelmed with issues beyond his control, and that the soltek vendor had made huge errors that he was trying to fix. ian said a new batch of brackets was going to the powder coater? and shipments would soon follow... that was over a month ago... still no brackets...

so, i think the group buy was fulfilled in a very timely manner, but the full retail buy of the mounting brackets, ordered at the same time to save shipping costs, has been flubbed... in a big way... especially after a 79 min conversation about getting it all corrected...

i looked at the Skyway Motorcycle Accessories website, and no record of my order is visible to track / verify shipment when i sign in...

put another way, Skyway Motorcycle Accessories had fair and reasonable notice of a build order quantity, but has been unable to produce to meet that quantity in a timely manner.

dana

Last edited by a moderator:
:yahoo: Over the past six months, or so, my experiences with doing business over the Internet had about caused me to give up on it. The number of people who don't deliver what they promise or do what they say they are going to, and seem not to care about it after the fact, has grown significantly.

Well, on Friday I ordered a set of sliders from Ian at Skyway. He shipped them on Saturday and they arrived today (Monday). Ten minutes later they were on the bike.

My faith has been restored. Thank you Ian.

:yahoo: Over the past six months, or so, my experiences with doing business over the Internet had about caused me to give up on it. The number of people who don't deliver what they promise or do what they say they are going to, and seem not to care about it after the fact, has grown significantly.
Well, on Friday I ordered a set of sliders from Ian at Skyway. He shipped them on Saturday and they arrived today (Monday). Ten minutes later they were on the bike.

My faith has been restored. Thank you Ian.
I concur fully with what you said about Ian! Back in January I had to get a refund on some sliders and Ian was prompt and

friendly in the transaction.

Thanks Ian and Skyway!

Rex

Everything I've ordered from Ian has been sent out usually the next day (except GB stuff) , can't beat that anywhere & the quality is a step above excellent !

I am totally glad for you two (ranger9k and BkrK12)

That is suppose to be the way it works... You send your money and you get your product. In a timely matter.

For me, It is ordered and pay for three items and get one. Not good odds.

My personally experiences will be coming soon. In fact this week.

Well, I went to place an order today and the website wouldn't take my information. I tried to send a request for information via the link on the website, and it locked up my computer, twice. I have called and left a message with Skyway, so it will be interesting to see when I hear from him. Both of the items I want are supposed to be in stock, so this should be interesting.

OK, that was pretty fast. Ian called me at work within 10 minutes. I know the Hydration kit bags are made to order, so we will see when I get my stuff.

If nothing else, I was really impressed that I received a call that fast.

FWIW, Ian said he is still REALLY busy, but is getting caught up. Sounds like he has some new products coming up that should be very cool.

Since mid summer I have talked to, PMed , been given advice as to what to do about this saga I am about to tell.

The advice I have gotten was anywhere from give him h*ll to tread lightly to be civil.

A little more than a year ago I decide to get in on the Aux fuel cell buy. What I say here is just what happened to me.

On March 6 /07 I sent Ian a US money order for $580. At the time I believed, that was it.. Mount , tank, and tank cover.

When I sent my money order I thought why not buy a Hydration unit that he sells as well. He told me that he would drop the shipping charges if he shipped it the same time as the fuel cell kit. I said no problem.

I was going to save $10 US.

(sounds funny now thinking about that, Save ten bucks)

On March 23/07 I sent Ian a US money order for $125 (for the hydration unit)

We all discovered that the first price didn’t include the cost of the tank. No problem, I have gone this far… a little farther is ok… right?

On April 24/07 I sent Ian a US money order of $210 (for the tank)

Us Canadians do not have a tank to show for the money. Ian has told me it is sitting in his shop.

Concerns through out the summer mount about problems with making the fuel cell kit.

Word surfaces that , Yes it is taking longer but on track.

The big light buy happens and because I was looking for some aux lighting I thought no problem I get in on it.

Ian has his website up ad running so I paid for my lights and accessories through the website.

I by mistake order 2 pairs and pay for 2 pairs of covers for the lights. As it turns out other than a tool that they charged me for that I never saw in the package I got everything I ordered. The tool charge was less than $3 US. No biggy.

That’s when I heard other people got messed up with their orders and that Ian would have to pay for the short falls. I still don’t know how that turned out.

But I thought even though I paid for 2 pairs I sent Ian a message and said that I would donate to the cause one pair of my covers. I could have said nothing but I didn’t.

So after paying $40 US for the covers I sent them to Ian which cost me $25 cdn. to ship.

So now, at this point I have my lights and no brackets.

I PMed someone in California to see if he can get to the bottom of this. I don’t know whether he actually made things happen but I got a thank you for sending the light covers from Ian and a update to delivery of the brackets.

I got them just in time to put them on my bike and try them a couple of times before the snow came.

So I have bought three products from Ian and only have delivery on one.

Because I had to send in the money a year ago exchange rates were not the best as compared todays rates. Today’s rates are almost par.

If I had got my product a year ago I would have said I wanted them then so I paid the price… but to get a hit on the exchange and still not see a product….. that’s bad.

So the $580 US really cost me $701.94

$125 US really cost me $153.44

$210 US really cost me $257.85

This figures exchange at the time plus cost of money order and stamps.

I know for a fact that if I had a fellow member here that was in Ontario and that I could help I wouldn’t think twice about taking some holidays and going and helping him.

Where will this will end?……. Will I ever see my money or my product.

I don’t know

At this point in time I find it very hard to recommend any Skyway products to anyone.

Tom

I paid $570.00 on 2/28/07

This payment for fuel cell mount, hardware, and cover. The post for this buy have been removed from the board so you can't go back and see what the offering was, but I do have a canceled check and nothing to show for it now a year later.

I think this is bad business and bad for the forum to have the original thread erased.

The better business bureau only lists one complaint against Skyway about delivery issues and that was resolved promptly. I'll wait a little longer before complaining there.

I speak only from first hand experience. I being a fool sent Mr Ian Laing (Skyway) several hundred dollars back in March of 2007 for a product that was never produced. After many tries to make contact I finally reached Ian by phone on December 7, 2007 and explained my situation. He said he was sorry and he agreed to refund my money in full. He told me that a cheque would be cut the next day. To date, I have received no goods, no refund cheque and no contact from this vendor. If I tried that I would be in court and most likely found guilty of one or more charges. I've been involved in the sport of motorcycling for over 30 years and this is without a doubt the worst situation I have ever been involved in. I cannot understand how you can treat a customer that way.

Canadian FJR

I recently purchased the CCS-100 mount from Skyway. It arrived a few days after I purchased it. When I opened it I noticed that it did not have the threads for a RAM ball mount that I paid and extra 5 bucks to get. I emailed him right way (last Saturday) to let him know about this issue. I waited a few days and did not hear back. I called and left a message and also sent him a message through his website. An entire week has gone by and he has not returned any off my messages. I am very disappointed in the absolute lack of customer service I have received from Skyway. I wanted to pass on my experience so other people can be forewarned before they make a purchase from Skyway.

John

I recently purchased the CCS-100 mount from Skyway. It arrived a few days after I purchased it. When I opened it I noticed that it did not have the threads for a RAM ball mount that I paid and extra 5 bucks to get. I emailed him right way (last Saturday) to let him know about this issue. I waited a few days and did not hear back. I called and left a message and also sent him a message through his website. An entire week has gone by and he has not returned any off my messages. I am very disappointed in the absolute lack of customer service I have received from Skyway. I wanted to pass on my experience so other people can be forewarned before they make a purchase from Skyway.
John
I just called you and left you a phone message. I've been out of the country to attend a familly funeral. The correct part has been mailed to you today via usps priority mail.

Dear, Mike Jackman :

This message is in regard to your complaint submitted on 8/5/2008 4:07:21 PM against Skyway Motorcycle Accessories. Your complaint was assigned ID 6805287.

The Bureau has decided to close this complaint and note that the business did not respond to the complaint.

This complaint will be reflected on the company's BBB Reliability Report with the following language: "The company failed to respond either to the consumer or the Bureau to the complaint(s) filed."

Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,

The Better Business Bureau

Ordered the cruise control bracket from Skyway. He shipped out in a timely manner, and the piece looks great.