skyway sliders aluminum to delrin

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panayoti

Reaction score
Has anyone changed from the aluminum skyway sliders to the delrin ? I purchased some replacemnt delrin sliders with the intention of swapping out the aluminum units. when I reiceved the spools i notice that there were identical to each other. The Aluminum versions were right and left handed.

thanks for your help.

Maybe you got the wrong year models? I'm pretty sure the Gen II are side-specific, but maybe only in aluminum?

That's a good question.

In fact I e-mailed that to Skyway's web site but got no reply. I have now (after reading numerous posts dealing with changing out the alum for delrin) ordered a set of the delrins (for 06-08 models).

I hope they switch out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,

I ordered mine on the 17th and they arrived today. :clapping: The delrin sliders are the same size but I also got two aluminum spacers that are different lengths. I haven't removed the originals yet but I'm guessing that both sliders (alum and alum spaced delrin) will be the same. You are correct in that the 06 and later use two different sizes.

I specified that I was replacing the original alums with the delrins, hence the spacers.

Last edited by a moderator: