Skyway's Delrin Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn

Reaction score
After three months of finding that the sliders had to be retorqued after a couple of outings I'm making a modification to the units. I removed them a few weeks ago and reinstalled the stock bolts and checked them after each ride. They did not need to be retorqued (35#). So I am drilling out the Delrin and inserting/press fitting a steel sleeve. Now everything will be metal to metal. I was seeing material compression on the inside of the slider so I think that is the issue. I'll report if this cures the issue after I do some riding. The WFO shoulod be a good test. PS: Skyway has acknowledged this is an issue with some people. Can't figure out why it would be random, though.

Installed the sleeve and the problem is solved. Went to Park City and back, checked the torque and it is dead on. No loosening/compressing of the Delrin slider.

Installed the sleeve and the problem is solved. Went to Park City and back, checked the torque and it is dead on. No loosening/compressing of the Delrin slider.
It's not random, it effects everyone! I thought I stripped the threads. Skyway egnored my concerns! I though a longer bolt with a nut, but you have came up with a better solution! Good Job and shame on skyway for egnoring his customer base!

It's not random, it effects everyone! I thought I stripped the threads. Skyway egnored my concerns! I though a longer bolt with a nut, but you have came up with a better solution! Good Job and shame on skyway for egnoring his customer base!
Even the best guys can let something slip through the cracks in a time of intense pressure and busyness. From my experience, what you experienced with Skyway is a simple mistake. He's usually all over these types of things and doesn't ignore anything like that.

PS: Skyway has acknowledged this is an issue with some people. Can't figure out why it would be random, though.
I am aware that some are having this problem and not everyone. I've had feedback from less than 2% of total orders of delrin slider kits about this occurring.

The next go-around of this product, I'll modify the kit.

Sorry if you feel that I'm egnoring (ignoring?) your concerns. I try not to ignore anyone, and always try to be polite and courteous to everyone I encounter, except asshats of course.

Unfortunately, I don't know who you are, as a forum name means very little to me, except for those I'm familiar with. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

I'm about to install my set - which side does the longer bolt go on?

Also, Skyway, maybe you could mark the one that goes on the right and place that indication in your instructions.

I just installed mine last night and they look great on the bike. :) When you look at the left side of the bike, you will find that there is an indentation about 1/2" or so deep, this is where the aluminum slider portion with the longer piece will go. The also, the shorter bolt will go on this side as well. The right side has a 1/8" or so indentation and therfore takes the smaller aluminum piece and the longer bolt. Make sure you use a shallow walled socket on it since the inside diameter of the slider is pretty tight. I got a Craftsman 19mm deep socket stuck in one last night and it was a pain to get it out. :blink: Good luck and it should only take a few minute of your time to do. B)