Socal Tech Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Richard, that was great seeing all the socal folks again, and meeting a few new faces. Great hamburgers also. And special thanks to Adam and Simon for carrying me in the darts game. Funny, I remember being better at darts. And I think I was taller also... :unsure:

thanks ya wanker for hosting.not gonna ride tomorrow,under the weather.lets do lunch when i pick up the pistol.later.

WOW! Great time although I didn’t stay long. Where do I start.

First, thank you Richard for hosting this and fixing me a burger after everyone else already ate. Thanks for the beverage too.

Great meeting Tim, a new face to me and to the forum.

Adam – I finally meet you, we’ve PM’d and I bought my Gen1 Super Brace from you a couple years ago. I finally meet the legend, you da man! (my dart partner)

Great seeing:

Djbill - Hope you feel better. BTW – nice mustang.

2006FJR - Trent, haven’t seen you in a while.

Kelvin Great seeing you again it’s been quite some time.

Duff – Gary, great seeing you again, two years is too long for saying hi.

Jill and Andy - Always good to see and socialize with you (more later on Andy & Jill)

McRide – Roy, great seeing you again too.

Ramrez445 – Dave great seeing you again too.

NeilSanDiego – Always good to see my brother Neil (my other dart partner).

Jordylad – John it’s also been too long seeing you and your in OC too. What happened to tonyrob?

MCML – Joseph, great seeing you not in the fog like the last Malibu ride, although it was overcast today…

Doug5551 the iron butt’er with the VFR. Doug, great seeing you again after visiting when JB came down. We have to ride some time.

Richard thanks for the burger, beer, and game of darts. Always a fun time.

I was hoping redtail and ynotride would show up, but oh well, next time.

I hope I didn’t miss anyone.

Oh yeah beemerdons, always a hoot. :D

Ok, so here’s what happened. Fairlaner wants to play darts, I’m a neophyte and Neil and Adam are pretty good. Richard picks the teams, he picks Andy, another Brit where he does darts in his sleep, and they also take Doug. Jill is giving me the low down on Richards rules for darts and pool. She gives examples form the DV ride and how Richard’s rules comes into play…. when convenient.

So Richard stacks the deck puts a noob like me with Neil and master Adam. Master Adam and obey won Neil schooled me in the art of cricket playing for darts. Well I don’t want to brag, but we kicked their butt’s the first game!!! Let it be known, WE WON!!! Adam Neil and Simon beat Richard Andy and Doug. The best part is we beat RICHARD! :yahoo: Me having some smarts, I quite while I was ahead. Neil had to leave so now it’s Richard and Andy against Adam and Doug.

I had a real short but great time visiting with the fellow forum members. This is what it’s all about.

Ride safe my friends. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard,

Thanks for the burger and hospitality, I always learn something new. Thanks to simon for the air compressor.

I took the long way home over the VT Bridge through Naples and then north to home. See you all soon! dr

Thanks, Richard, for putting this all together. It was great to visit with old friends, to meet some new ones and to see some who were previously only digital.

Gracious thanks to RIchard for a very well hosted event. It was great seeing everyone and the food was wonderful. Can't beat the live entertainment, especially later on. On that note, hope the pressure washer was able to take care of the evidence.

I really enjoyed the time spent with yourself, Adam, Joseph and Valerie (and Steve, of course).

Thanks again, Richard.

Really wish I could have attended, but you daylight freaks are to weird for me.

..Signed, grave yard dcarver!

Gracious thanks to RIchard for a very well hosted event. It was great seeing everyone and the food was wonderful. Can't beat the live entertainment, especially later on. On that note, hope the pressure washer was able to take care of the evidence.

I really enjoyed the time spent with yourself, Adam, Joseph and Valerie (and Steve, of course).

Thanks again, Richard.
There might not have been a camera on the action but the reactions from those around and the comments were priceless. Everyone was having a good time.

Sorry I missed the festivities! Had really been looking forward to it. Caught a few minutes of the live action, which only made it worse by the way!

Hadn't realized I had been planning a ride on Mothers Day weekend. I guess I can stop right there! :unsure:

I was late getting started and finally sent the misses off with her older sister, to spend the night at her Mom's. Then she stopped along the way to get flowers and lost her ID. and bank card! So after getting things cancelled, wasn't willing to risk..... my life, and stayed home to keep an eye on the house and kids.

Made things good with her by showing up and surprising her at Mom's. Turned out my Brother-in-law and his girlfriend were also there.

Now where did I put the jewelry and chocolates?

Good brownie points. Plus I rode the bike, so I got some fresh air as well!

Thanks for the live streaming on UStream and letting the rest of us witness some of the action. I still wish someone would have darted the Hondapotamus though.

Thanks Richard for the splendid hospitality! It was a really nice day. To ALL those who attended it was a pleasure to have met you, y'all are a fun group! The ride around Lake Hughes and Lake Elizabeth on Sunday was great too, thanks guys for waiting for my slow ass! I'll get my skills up to par sooner than later. Doug5551, I want to go on some rides with you, I want to see FJR's back tire in action! Once again thanks to everybody for a fun time.

Made it back home safely...

I averaged 25MPG round trip with the BIG DODGE DIESEL! Who knew they were so efficient? :yahoo:

Richard, Thanks again for hosting this! I owe ya one. :good: Lots of great memories to cherish for years to come...Except for Andy. His will be somewhat clouded over.

Where was ScooterG? I didn't see him there at all....
SkooterG was a pathetic louse of a no-show! And is regretting not making it BAD.

If all goes according to plan, I will see your sorry car-tire ass in Ontario in about 8 weeks. You better have all your shit in one sock! Jes sayin........ And can you say Portillos!

Really wish I would have made it out to join you girls. Looks like you all had a great time. Well done Richard!

Made it back home safely...

I averaged 25MPG round trip with the BIG DODGE DIESEL! Who knew they were so efficient? :yahoo:

Richard, Thanks again for hosting this! I owe ya one. :good: Lots of great memories to cherish for years to come...Except for Andy. His will be somewhat clouded over.
That's amazing mileage for the truck. Hope our F350 can do that. We chose the diesel hoping it would be a bit easier on fuel (now that diesel is more expensive than premium gas).

Andy hasn't spoken yet, nor has he gotten out of bed as of the time I left for work this morning. He is breathing, but that's about all he's doing. I really don't think he'll remember much about the tech day. Then again, there is always the video, and Richard's memory. A performance like that will not be forgotten.

Latest posts