• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - Used Dauntless Gen 2 trailer hitch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastJoyRide

Reaction score
Sold my trailer so I really don't need the hitch which is on my 2006 anymore. No pictures - you know what a trailer hitch looks like!

Make me any reasonable offer. If you are in the PNW come and help me take it off my bike, and we will install it on your bike! This is a beautifully crafted piece powder coated in black and looks like it was built for the bike - because it was! I upgraded some of the bolts after losing a nylock on a marginally too short bolt (one dark and rainy night - when else?) Install was very straightforward and I am sure I still have the instructions around here somewhere.

I know it will not fit on a Gen 1 (that is a different part number) but I don't know if it might fit a Gen 3 or not...

Last edited by a moderator:
A picture would probably help with your sale as people like to see what they are puchasing. Interested but need to wiegh all options first. researching hitches now.

Dauntless is as good as it gets. Very well made. Somebody will get a good deal.

It is on Dauntless' website at $335. including a wiring harness. I sold the trailer connections with the trailer as it was going onto another Yamaha.

I would take $150. for the hitch and 1 7/8" ball - it's in as-new condition.

I bought a Dauntless hitch cause I don't have Ray's mad fabrication skills - and he said Dauntless was the best (except his)!

Might be kind of pricy to ship to Iowa, Poolboytoo - or are you coming this way?

i think 150 is fair and I'll pay shipping. the wireing would be nice if you please. not going to be in your area any time soon. i will pm you my phone and email i would like the hitch. Thanks.

MubikS: Poolboytoo and I are trying to figure this out, but if that deal fails then you are back-up.

The issue with shipping a hitch to either of you is the international border. As soon as you involve a courier like UPS, then you bring in their need to involve a customs broker which involves even more expense and time. That was why I was hoping someone could do a ride and buy! Stay posted and thanks for your interest.

so this is just the hitch and the ball only no wiring.

I'm thinking for me personally, just so i dont have to mess with sourcing a wire harness ect, I will bow out and encouage you to sell locally or to Mr. MubikS.

I'm thinking by the time all the shipping and getting a wiring harness figured out it will be much easier to just buy a new hitch with a harness and be done.

Thanks Good luck with your sale.

OK Mubik you are up! To get you a quote on the cost of your shipping (best I can do is $150. plus actual shipping) I will have to uninstall the hitch (not a big deal) box it up and take it to the post office for a quote on Tuesday. I will need your actual address and name which you can PM to me here. PayPal work for you for payment? If you show it as a gift, then no fees will be added/deducted. Let me know.

PS The wiring "harness" is just a round five pin plug available at any auto parts store for a few bucks! You may also need a converter box for under the seat to convert the bike's separate brake and turn signal functions depending on how your trailer is wired. This box is not supplied by Dauntless, but again is available at any auto parts store (if needed).

Fastjoyride, If no one wants to buy the hitch and you will give me a shipping quote on tuesday or when ever really, i'll still buy the hitch. i have the admore harness already. at anyrate i'll figure out everything. put me last in line for the sale. i'll message you my address for a shipping quote and go from there. if some local wants it, sell it to them. no problems here.