Son had Hernia Surgery

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05fjrBluedevil

Reaction score
Well, my son is almost recovered from the surgery.

Talk about something I am glad has never happened to me.

Only 19, I told him to make sure he let this heal good so he doesn't have issues years down the road.

A side note, he failed to tell his work when it happened, then he said something and let them talk him into saying it did not happen there.

So his option- leave get it taken care of- or be removed-let go.

after he was healed he could come back- i hope that part of it works out.

But of course his insurance had not kicked in yet,......

Ol well....

Last edited by a moderator:

Only 19, I told him to make sure he let this heal good so he doesn't have issues years down the road.

A side note, he failed to tell his work when it happened, then he said something and let them talk him into saying it did not happen there.

Ol well....

Sounds like employer coercion, which is illegal.

If the Physician's opinion is that an on-the-job injury was the cause, the Workers' Comp company must pay (perhaps with an Attorney's nudge), regardless of the statement your son previously gave.

Any resulting dismissal by the employer is retaliatory, and also illegal.

Jagermeister is right. (I don't get to say that often!)

Friends of mine have had this exact same problem, and even just getting an attorney's free opinion is really in your (and your son's) best interests. They're probably counting on him not to stand up for himself.

Ol well....

Sounds like employer coercion, which is illegal.

If the Physician's opinion is that an on-the-job injury was the cause, the Workers' Comp company must pay (perhaps with an Attorney's nudge), regardless of the statement your son previously gave.

Any resulting dismissal by the employer is retaliatory, and also illegal.

Jagermeister is right. (I don't get to say that often!)
Friends of mine have had this exact same problem, and even just getting an attorney's free opinion is really in your (and your son's) best interests. They're probably counting on him not to stand up for himself.
What They said, plus if the company is ducking their responsiblity on this does he want to work there anyway???

So his option- leave get it taken care of- or be removed-let go.after he was healed he could come back- i hope that part of it works out.

Ol well....
Ol well's ass. This little section of the story sounds suspiciously like a company that is dishonestly playing the CYA game. Regardless of what you decide to pursue legally, I'll bet money that job will not be there when he returns.

Somewhere, a supervisor is laughing his ass off at the bullet he just dodged for the company!

Don't be a punk. Seek legal advice.