Sound Rider Rally in the Gorge 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElliottM

Reaction score
Anyone planning on attending this event? Feedback from anyone who has attended this event previously? It looks like there may be some interesting clinics and rides, so I am trying to decide if I want to give it a shot.

Sure have! Actually have been there many times and am unofficially part of the staff. Clinics, fellowship,poker run, private riding on Maryhill Loops road - new friends, new roads to learn, etc. We have already registered and will probably bring FJR and DRZ to flip a coin as to which to ride each day.

The camping is much better at the new facility (Hood River Fairgrounds) . Look us up when you get there - we will either be checking your wrist ban or providing your free cup of coffee.

Steve

I've been there the past few years. It's always a great time with great people. I usually end up going solo since most of my riding friends have to work the weekend up in Seattle, and I've never had trouble finding other people to ride and chat with.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I think I will go, although I will probably stay in a hotel instead of camping. I rode through Goldendale on Tuesday of this week and could see the closed road that is opened up for the participants, and it looks awesome!

I went once, really enjoyed it. The area is fantastic for riding. I was on my Tenere, so went dual sporting, too.

I'd recommend the event. Stayed at the cottage/hotel right on the water, next to the train tracks. They provide you with foam ear plugs and you don't even notice the trains.
wink.png

One of my 6 minute boring videos from my run at the Rally. Video is boring, riding wasn't.
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator: