South East New Hampshire to Vermont

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionbeam

2 FUN
Reaction score
Helen just found a diner a bit west of Brattleboro, VT that has good reviews and she want to try it out. Leaving Sandown ~7:30, breakfast ~10:00. After a good chowing, off to Rt 100 and points north. Plans from there are ________________. Anyone care to join us?

Chelsea Royal Diner

Brattleboro, VT 05301

Web site

dinerFrontal.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

menu4.jpg

Been past it a zillion times. Always wondered if it was any good.

Sure, I'm in. I'll catch you somewhere along the route. Just give me your approximate route (101W to 9, I assume?)

I'll have to check with the boss when she gets home to see if she'll join in.

Damm, dentist appointment tomorrow morning (already rescheduled twice!) or I'd be there. Please report back-this is right up my alley!

We have seen the diner about the same number of times as you have :lol: Usually we don't make it past Bickford's for breakfast.

The route we are taking is still not defined, we ran part of a Covered Bridges ride last weekend and came home Keene/101 to Milford then up to Manchester to avoid Nashua. Possible routes are Rt 47 to Hancock, Rt 123 north to Rt 9 and across or simply back roads to Milford then zip over on Rt 101 and have more time to meander in VT. Flipping the coin....

Damm, dentist appointment tomorrow morning (already rescheduled twice!) or I'd be there. Please report back-this is right up my alley!
Howdy old timer ;) Check your calender -- today 8/5; tomorrow (Friday) 8/6; breakfast ride Sat. 8/7. :D

If ya wanna go thru Hancock, I can show you a new way over to New Boston. Take New Boston Rd from 114 to Bedford Rd to Meetinghouse Rd. Like so: Google mappage

Cuts out Goffstown, though you do miss out on the Rt 13 river road.

PS - George: this is Saturday. Tomorrow is only Friday! :p

edit - Alan beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bedford Rd sounds good to me. I've done it via cage at night but never FJR by day. Things have been so dry that there is no longer a river along River Road anyway. We were down there last week and it is now Dry Fork.

Lead the way...

Also, if possible I would like to see if we can pair my Scala Q2 to your Zumo. It will be interesting to see if I can usefully use your Zumo's turn by turn from the back of the pack while using my 2730 for visual cues. Techie games!

Otay. I'll lead that part.

But I don't think the zumo experiment will work that way. As I recall, when you select the BT audio output it stops sending to the headphone jack. But maybe not...

I see Dan peeking in. C'mon Dan, you want some breakfast?

It's a good diner. Food is good, decor so-so. It ain't the Blue Colony or the 84 diner, but it is worth stopping in. Do not expect the waitress to lead you to the table with the coffee pot in her hand. Do not expect to have your breakfast in front of you within ten minutes of ordering it and you will avoid disappointment.

Edit: The Skyline Restaurant in Marlboro (about 20 min West) used to be sensational for Breakfast and it comes with a great view. However, I haven't been there in a number of years and have heard conflicting reports. It seems to have changes hands several times. Just another option for you.

No Fred, not in.

Hey guy's

The other half and I are in, if that's OK. It's only 112 miles from here. It will be a good way for Felicia to get some seat time in before the White & Green Ride.

If we leave here at 7:00 we should be there by 10:00.

Art

Howdy old timer ;) Check your calender -- today 8/5; tomorrow (Friday) 8/6; breakfast ride Sat. 8/7. :D
Thanks guys, I didn't notice that you said Saturday :blink: Result is the same, still can't make it :angry:

14 days now. . . . . :yahoo:

Let me see if I can cajole the powers that be to see what I can do... would love to make this ride to get rid of some tread on the tires before they get swapped out next week.... gotta get my money's worth.

Iris and I have been there several times. It's our standard breakfast stop on our way out to the coast. They have great food. By the way...they do not take credit cards. We were just up Rt. 100 last weekend. We stopped by the (ssshhh) BMW rally along the way. (It was not worth the $20.00/person/day entrance fee. Unfortunately we can not attend. Enjoy and stay safe.

Jim

Looking forward to seeing Art and Felicia! Our ride over will be ~100 miles depending on the route we decide on. Our ETA is 9:30-10:00, prolly closer to the 10:00 mark.

Jim, thanks for the forward intelligence. Bring cash and look for the booth with HerFJR and Zooomm carved into the wood :lol:

C U or not CJ. Hope you can make it.

The weatherman is predicting a Perfect Day for riding in the rolling Green Hills Mountains.