Split: '13 Clutch retrofit - Now Drag Racing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ionbeam

2 FUN
Reaction score
^^^^^^ I'm guessing your commute isn't quite the same combat experience that mine is. Compounding the situation is being a type AAA+++ aggressive driver. I am that asshole everyone hates
smile.png
The sound of horns and flashing of fingers in my direction is pretty common.
smile.png
And when will we be seeing 1/4 mile times for a 15?
Alan?

biggrin.png
I need to get more than the current 1k miles on the bike. Later this year when I'm in the 5k mile range I'll look into it.

New England Dragway has been making it harder to just ride in and run. The track says that I must have a kill lanyard which was easier with the '04 Run/Stop switch but with the Gen III using the same button for Run/Stop/Start it gets harder. The track now wants the riders to be wearing leathers or KEVLAR only, none of this silly Cordura or ballistic nylon shite. Even if I'd spend the money for leathers nobody wants to see ionbeam in leathers
bad.gif
The gear must have tags sewn on that says Kevlar or you don't run. My gear is better than Kevlar but doesn't say the magic word. This is a major obstacle. I may have to put my Dragin jeans on under my real gear with armor and strip at the track to show the Kevlar label.

So far my '15 is noticeably slower than the '04 but it's getting better as it is being broken in. I'll hate to have my track times verify that the FJRs are getting slower with over-all gearing getting steeper and the '16 with taller gears may be yet slower.

Maybe FJReady with the Fast Red color would be interested in making a run or two with me some evening later this year?
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Between the extra weight, and the extra tall gearing ... I have no doubt that my (son's) '03 is faster than my '13.

That means the '16 is probably 'slowest of them all' .

Gotta love that '03 F-ing Jet Rocket !!!
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator: