***SPOILER*** American GP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinnie

Reaction score
Hayden won the Laguna Seca MotoGP for the second year, which

pretty well establishes his position at #1 and Pedrosa will easily make up the

3 points he needed to surpass Rossi and claim the #2 spot in the standings.

September is just around the corner. I got a feeling Nicky Hayden is going to be the

MotoGP champion for 2006. Right now, he seems unbeatable.

Who knows where The Doctor's standing will ultimately land. After coming all the way

up from 13th to 5th place, Valentino began having problems with the bike, and had

to leave the race with aprox. two laps to go. Mechanical problems, AGAIN. :angry2:

Oh well, how many others can claim 4 championships in MotoGP in a row?! :dribble:

Hayden won the Laguna Seca MotoGP for the second year, which pretty well establishes his position at #1 and Pedrosa will easily make up the

3 points he needed to surpass Rossi and claim the #2 spot in the standings.

September is just around the corner. I got a feeling Nicky Hayden is going to be the

MotoGP champion for 2006. Right now, he seems unbeatable.

Who knows where The Doctor's standing will ultimately land. After coming all the way

up from 13th to 5th place, Valentino began having problems with the bike, and had

to leave the race with aprox. two laps to go. Mechanical problems, AGAIN. :angry2:

Oh well, how many others can claim 4 championships in MotoGP in a row?! :dribble:

Good race, The SB was good to.

I think Rossi was on the last lap, he was fighting to get it to the finish line for 1 point!

Now expect a BITCH SLAP! Never put results in the header and if you put results in your post allways label the header *SPOILER!* :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Some tape the races and don't want the results untill after they watch them! :dribble: :dribble:

I'm sure an admin will be along shortly to give you another Bitch Slap. :p :p :p

Last edited by a moderator:
oh please, I'm so sad for them!

where's the smiley with the finger?!

oh please, I'm so sad for them! where's the smiley with the finger?!
Like everyone has said, please don't post results in the title, some people may have the race tivo'd, etc.

I'll let this one slide, thought...

oh please, I'm so sad for them!

where's the smiley with the finger?!
Like everyone has said, please don't post results in the title, some people may have the race tivo'd, etc.

I'll let this one slide, thought...
If it was a mistake I would agree, but he seems to have an opinion of "FUCK every one but me!", but its not my call.

Spoiler-smoiler. I'm with Vinnie. If you would rather be on a computer than watch the race live or taped and you see results then tough titties. Let the admin do the bitch slappin' if needed.

Great race - go Nicky. Wouldn't write Rossi off just yet.

And kudos to SPEED for extending the pre-race show instaed of using filler when Dorna/AMA made last-minute chnges in the schedule!

Spoiler-smoiler. I'm with Vinnie. If you would rather be on a computer than watch the race live or taped and you see results then tough titties. Let the admin do the bitch slappin' if needed.
Ok, line crossed.

NEXT PERSON TO POST SPOILERS IN TITLE WILL HAVE ALL POST SUBJECT TO APPROVAL.

GO IT?

The admins happen to be people who tape races from time to time, 'cause they are busy working on the forum trying to keep it up to shape, and don't want to watch the race while distracted.

Consider yourself bitch-slaped by an admin.

Last edited by a moderator:
On another note, did anyone catch Rossi's interview when he said he loved Nascar & Indy car & could see himself racing cars in the US after he was retired from bikes?

And his less than subtle dig about ovals not being "real" race tracks.

The boy does know how to stir the pot.

Ok, line crossed.

NEXT PERSON TO POST SPOILERS IN TITLE WILL HAVE ALL POST SUBJECT TO APPROVAL.

GO IT?

The admins happen to be people who tape races from time to time, 'cause they are busy working on the forum trying to keep it up to shape, and don't want to watch the race while distracted.

Consider yourself bitch-slaped by an admin.
Glad you replied here before I got a chance to.... :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Many forum members have incredibly busy lives and are lucky enough just to remember to record the damn races at all. Don't be rude to you fellow racing enthusiasts; you need to be considerate of those not as fortunate as you may be to have the free time to watch it live.

So, like whats the guidline????????? should we gaze into our crystal balls and see that forum member (you pick the name) after a week still hasnt had an opportunity to watch his recording of the race and does not want to read about it here before he gets a chance????????? It's news we all want to talk about--so admin how long is long enough???????? :blink:

You're free to talk about it all you want.

Please don't put results in the thread title is all we ask.

about twenty-five years ago -give or take- I used to be a somewhat serious cyclist. I used to own a Colgnago with all Campy Nuovo Record. On Sundays, I used to ride to lunch with a group and we would sit around and talk about the latest/greatest cycler in the US/World. When Jonathan "Jack" Boyer went to France to race in the Tour de France, we would scour the news media to get info about how he was doing. There was no Internet in those days. When he won the Coors race, we heard about it three days later. When he came in at #13 in the Tour de France, we didn't hear about it for a week. We went crazy waiting for the tv to show the taped replay on the Sunday after. Sort of like what ABC is going to do with the Laguna Seca GP.

Therein the point: if MotoGp meant as much to US media as the Tour de France does now (thanks to Greg LeMond and Lance Armstrong) the spoilers would be all around you. You wouldn't be able to go on the Web; you wouldn't be able to open the f'ing newspaper in the morning; you wouldn't be able to watch the sports report on the evening news.

We humans are so idyosincratic, that sometimes is hard to respond in a measured way about one foible or another. This illusion that some may have about their race being spoiled may be a nice fantasy for some but the bottom line is that Nicky won LAST SUNDAY!

Now, supposedly, I have caused the admins to have to "bitch slap" me for this.

I stand here with my sword broken and my epaulettes ripped. A broken man.

By the way, Floyd Landis won the Tour de France on Sunday, too... :lol: