SST's - rear view

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyguy

Reaction score
Which design do you prefer?

Can't seem to grt the hang of posting pics.

BTW - Which do you prefer?

Connierear.jpg

OR

FJRrear.jpg

I think he's got it!

Last edited by a moderator:
The rearview on the Kawi makes those bags look like an afterthought. :dribble:

Since it's an FJR forum, safe bet is the FJR looks better :p

I don't much care for the bags on the other one either. I do kinda like the lines of the Kawi, but I still prefer the Yami B)

Scab wrote:

The rearview on the Kawi makes those bags look like an afterthought.
That's being kind. The angle they are mounted at is really odd. Look further in this thread for the old C-10 bags for comparison - much nicer.

I can't get past the tank and the mega-muffler. Also, I have not seen it without bags so I'm speculating, but my guess is it's not pretty undressed! The rear view really appears haphazard, like it was a committee's compromise. The Kaw has a nicer instrument cluster for old folks, (you can read them!) but after that I don't see any wins - stylewise.

Yami still gets my blood flowing on looks alone. Kawi almost looks too bulky for some reason, the feej just flows.

I don't think the Kawi looks that bad. When I saw it at the bike show in DC, I saw it from all angles and I liked the looks of it. I think the back would look a lot better if they would have put the brake light between the turn signals instead of that useless piece of black plastic that's currently there. About the same shape and size.

I don't think the pipe looks ugly, just different. Bike makers are pushing the boundaries on pipe shapes and sizes. I didn't like the short stubby look of some of the sportbike exhaust systems when they first came out, but, it has grown on me. Nowadays, it almost seems odd to see a new sportbike with a long round can.

And for further comparison here is the OLD Connie from the rear. Not very aerodynamic but very nicely done. I think they're going backwards. Rear styles on bikes like this are very important as that is the majority of what other riders see. :)

Connie1-rear.jpg

BTW

Any rear pics of ST1300's or R1200GT's out there? Might as well get em all.

I don't like how the bags look like they are at an angle to the bike.

Connierear.jpg

The lack of a muffler on the left side also throws off the symmetry.

I think the FJR looks more refined and streamline all the way around. Still yet to see one in person though.

From a chic's point of view.......The Yamaha is definitely the best looking. It is sleek and fast looking. (much cooler).

:rolleyes:

MRS. Scab wrote:

From a chic's point of view.......The Yamaha is definitely the best looking. It is sleek and fast looking. (much cooler).
That does it for me! Bartender, I'll have what she having.

Oh, ah, yes, and one for Mr. Scab too! :rolleyes:

I guess we will have to wait and see how much power it has and how well those huge brakes work. Put enough power into a motorcycle and even the ugly ones start looking really nice.

:)

Mark

Here is a ST1300 my future SiL farkled for the Concord CA police department. Looks pretty good. Look out PM and JB :)
DSCN2390.jpg

Thanks for adding that pic. Clean design. Looks like it was designed AND engineered. Lots of symmetry. One of the best yet. Got to hand it to Honda, those guys are good.

I finnaly figured out what the C-14 looks like. A praying mantis wearing big headphones, smoking a stogie. Really, look at it! :blink: