Starts then dies

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRuss

Reaction score
I think I posted this last spring but can't find my thread if I did. At any rate, I had a problem with the bike (09 AE) starting and then dieing. I found that if I gave it more throttle as I started it, it would not die but I don't like high revs on a cold engine. I did a throttle body throat clean through the airbox with Seafoam spray and it seemed to be better for a while. But it is back. It starts immediately, and even if it doesn't die, runs very rough for a few moments/seconds before smoothing out and acting OK.

Any additional thoughts? I think my original post was about my dealer asking if I'd removed the throttle bodies lately to clean them.

I think I posted this last spring but can't find my thread if I did.
Easily found by going to your own profile and clicking on Topics. Since that thread is chock full of ideas I'm not sure you've read through...let's keep the original thread on this to keep continuity. You may want to add your latest observations to that thread....that's not actually that old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts