Stock Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrfah

Reaction score
https://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr327/M..._082208_006.jpg[/img]

https://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr327/M...82208_003-2.jpg[/img]

Hopefully this photo comes through, I'm struggling with getting this right. Took out my stock foam and placed my pro pad covered with sheep skin back on the seat base and replaced the cover. First 70 miles short ride felt good. I'll do a longer ride and let you all know how it works. I'm not finished installing the pro pad but this is just a quick job to try the idea out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my seat apart also. Took a right angle grinder to the foam. Made a nice butt shaped pocket, and put it back together. Worked really great.

Now I have a place to sit back in... and I can skoot up to the tank when I ride more twisty. I am about to take it apart again to reshape it for my Gel insert that came with my butt buster. I want it in there full time without raising the seat. I'll shoot some shots when I do that if anyone is interested.

Tim

Seat looks nice, but what is "pro pad"?

Pro Pad makes motorcycle seat top pads and inserts out of polymer which gives long distance comfort. Mine is covered with sheepskin.

I took my seat apart also. Took a right angle grinder to the foam. Made a nice butt shaped pocket, and put it back together. Worked really great.Now I have a place to sit back in... and I can skoot up to the tank when I ride more twisty. I am about to take it apart again to reshape it for my Gel insert that came with my butt buster. I want it in there full time without raising the seat. I'll shoot some shots when I do that if anyone is interested.

Tim

Cool, look forward to the pics.

I took my seat apart also. Took a right angle grinder to the foam. Made a nice butt shaped pocket, and put it back together. Worked really great.Now I have a place to sit back in... and I can skoot up to the tank when I ride more twisty. I am about to take it apart again to reshape it for my Gel insert that came with my butt buster. I want it in there full time without raising the seat. I'll shoot some shots when I do that if anyone is interested.

Tim
Yeah, I'd like to see pics. I have done my own seat mods on the last few bikes I've owned and have been generally happy with the results. However, I recently bought a Bill Mayer saddle for my '08 and am enjoying it in great comfort. I am trying to decide if I should simply dispose of the perfect stock seats or modify them so that I have a seating alternative.

Tim
Yeah, I'd like to see pics. I have done my own seat mods on the last few bikes I've owned and have been generally happy with the results. However, I recently bought a Bill Mayer saddle for my '08 and am enjoying it in great comfort. I am trying to decide if I should simply dispose of the perfect stock seats or modify them so that I have a seating alternative.

here's my sheepskin covered propad, they also come without covers for inserting into you seat under your seat cover.

https://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr327/M..._082608_001.jpg