• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Stock Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smthng

He rocks!
Reaction score
Looking for a windshield... I'm not too fussy about the year or condition (as long as you can still see through it)... I'm gonna hack the halibut out of it anyway. Reply or send PM if you have one you're willing to sacrifice to Blue Bayou.

Smthng,

Have you ever done the hack job on the windshield? If so, do you have pictures? I have a Cee Bailey and was considering shortening my stock windshield to something looking like a modified sport shield.

I seem to remember that, last year, someone did something like this and it looked really nice. Can't recall who, though.

Cue

I cut down a stocker, removed 4" and it is great for hot weather riding. FJRocket, KCFJR, and Galaxy Blue seen it last weekend. They said it looked like a factory job. Covered it in masking tape, made my marks with a sharpie. I used a jig saw and cut about a 1/6" above the line. I sanded the edge to the line with a sanding block with 120 grit paper. The block will make it nice and flat, once you have the heavy saw marks out ant you are to the line start using finer sand paper. I went down to 600 grit in steps. 120, 220, 400, 600. It turned out very nice. I would be happy to cut it down for you. Send me a PM with you phone # if interested. I will give you a call. You pay shipping, I will cut it for free... :D

I can speak for the quality work Smitty does. This shield looks fantastic! When i order a cb 4+4, I will let Smitty do his magic! :clap:

Adam

cuemungous, your cut down windscreen is on the way back to you. Ups dropped it off today, I did my 4" cut job on it. Put it back in the box,and you should have it by Tues. Let me know when you receive it, also let me know how you like it..Good luck, smitty ;)

Smitty,

I received the windshield and put it on yesterday. I rode around for a while to see how it felt.

At the down position I had clean air flowing with no turbulence. Great feeling. Much like the BMW K1200S that I test rode about 3 weeks ago. Surprisingly, A little over half way up, I get into a quiet zone. The wind just skims over the top of my helmet with no buffeting. At full up, there is just a slight buffeting but not bothersome; and no back pressure on the back of my head.

In terms of looks, the shield makes the FJR very sporty looking. I already got a very favorable comment from a friend that rides a Gixxer 600.

I took some pictures last night so I can post bu have no idea how to do this.

Between yesterday and this morning, I have ridden about 200 miles with the new shield and I am VERY VERY happy with it.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.... AND YOU DID A SUPERB JOB. IT LOOKS LIKE A FACTORY JOB.

Thanks,

Cue

Email them to me, and I will post them. I am glad you like it. And very happy to help a fellow FJR rider out. Ride safe...Smitty ;)

I will pm my email to you..

Last edited by a moderator: