TCMike and Tom A. do Slimey crud

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCMike

Reaction score
Left early Saturday for the cheese state. Didn't take the most exciting route to the meeting point, but it wasn't interstate, and we had to meet up with Tom's old friend, Jeff in Sparta. The weather was nice, with the exception of the wind. We hit a lot of twisties after the meet up, including the Wildcat Mt. area. Saw lots of dairy cows, and a few horse/buggy types. Amish people........baffling, yet interesting. They were dressed all in black, and looking depressed as hell.

Went to the Sundance Theatre in Madison for the world premier of "American Cafe". It was mostly about how the Slimey Crud " gang" came to be, with a couple side stories of guys building their own cafe style bikes. It was interesting if you are a rider, but non-riders wouldn't "get it". Afterwards we went to Flemming's to eat, and then onto a brew pub for some barley pop.

Sunday is the Slimey Crud Run. It starts in Pine bluff, and goes to Leland. It's not a long ride, or organized ride, you just get there however you want, and with the nice roads in the area, you can't go wrong. The original Crud gang's motto was- ride hard, ride short. It's more of a gathering to check out every one's bikes. There are lots of European bikes, classic bikes, and they even let a few HD riders in.

So the following are a few pics I took before my camera died. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of Sprecher's bar, where you can belly up to the bar, and shop for guns at the same time. Tom's friend, Jeff fortunately is a professional photographer, so I hoping to see some of his shots soon.

231440.jpg

231447.jpg

Here's Fonzie(aka Jeff) and Tom

231456.jpg

Jeff getting a good angle

233435.jpg

A bike the wife might actually ride with me on.

233448.jpg

233513.jpg

Would ya look at the tail pipes on that one !! :)

234600.jpg

What the?!???!????!?

232824.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: