Tech Day VII

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think Tom needs to bring his bike. It's only fair that Andy share his parking spot with someone else. Right guys?
angel.gif

We were trying to think if my bike was ever there and on the way home I had time to reflect and yes.... both the FJR and the WR have been to Owosso at the same time!

Last June as we were heading out west in the hauler we stopped in for a visit.

You are correct Tom. Certainly glad to know senility hasn't gotten to us, yet.......
to_become_senile.gif

Andy,
How does it feel to be a dark sider?
Short answer: my nuts are still attached and I did not spontaneously combust.

Long answer: it changes a couple of the handling characteristics of the bike, but other than that it's really no big honkin' deal. I was expecting a herculean effort on turn-in but either I adapted to it in two turns or that's a bunch of hooey. Hell - I test-rode a local FJR for someone on the Forum and that FJR had very worn tires that had MUCH higher turn-in effort than my bike with the CT. On a nice smooth sweeper (like an on-ramp), you can play around a little and feel the transition from the flat of the tire to the corner, but that's about it. It does tend to grab grooves in pavement as well as rutted pavement, and is a bit different when going over the crown while changing lanes on the slab - I think those characteristics alone would be enough to scare most people off.

Andy was disappointed that the CT didn't come with an extended swingarm and chrome wheels - he's going to take a beating by his 'busa buddies at the drag strip...
There's always next Tech Day...