Thank You Sunnyside!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverbullet

Reaction score
This is to thank Sunnyside for once again making buying a motorcycle a truely enjoyable experience. On Thursday I arrived at Sunnyside at 1:30pm to pick up my AE accompanied by my friend who had just purchased my '04. The 280 mile drive took us just over 3 and 1/2 hours. We spent some time conversing with Pat, Seth, and Glen, and then Pat set out to go over the bike with me as part of the delivery process. Me, I just wanted to go riding. :lol: As usual, everything about the deal was just as it had been agreed on back in early October. I signed the papers, wrote a check, and was an owner. My plan was to stay in Sunnyside, get a quick 600 miles and get my 600 mile service done on Saturday. Seth told me last week that would be no problem. What he didn't tell me was that the technician was coming in on his day off on Saturday just to take care of my bike. Pretty cool huh? Anyways, we got checked into the hotel right next door to the shop, and came back to get started on putting some numbers on my odometer. But first, some more small talk, and some recommended routes by Pat for our Friday ride. Pat told us if we were back by closing, we were invited to come over to his place for dinner. Pretty cool huh? I thanked him for the generous offer, but I had serious doubts I would have had my fill of the bike by then. (However, I will take a rain check on that Pat) I knocked out 200 miles on Thursday evening, and on Friday covered 400 miles of eastern Oregon, finding some very tasty obscure roads with which to get better aquainted with my new ride. Saturday morning, Mike the technician was at the shop at 9:00 sharp, as were we. We spent the next couple of hours chatting with Pat, Seth, and Glen, while Mike completed my service, before heading back home. I guess you can just never say enough about good service. Everytime I am in that dealership, I am made to feel as though I am part of the family. And even when they are swamped busy, the atmosphere is one of everyone really enjoying what they do. It's just fun to be around. So, a special "Thank You" again to Pat, Seth, Glen, and Mike. I know that my transaction is just one of an endless stream for you guys, but when I'm there, I feel as though I am the only customer you have for the whole day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, go ahead and wake up now. You gotta be dreaming :lol: :lol: .

Seriously, with so many guys coming in here with the dealer screwed me over stories [this could be a pinned topic in Pointless and Recurring] that it amazes, not to mention restores my confidence in mankind and motorcycle dealers, to read about experiences like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I thought I had a great experience with Sunnyside...

They are the best. I will not shop anywhere else for anything they can sell.

There really are a couple of outstanding dealers out there. I'm continually impressed with the Sunnyside stories I read here. You read one or two, and if you're a jaded East Coaster like me, you write them off as flukes. You read over and over these Sunnyside stories and you start to wonder why the place you bought your own motorcycle is *also* called a dealer. I think I've visited all the big dealers in Maryland. We don't have one like Sunnyside.

Props.