The Great FJR Puzzle is on....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flylooper

Reaction score
I've had my 2004 FJR apart for over two years and am now trying to put back into working order. Two years for this old brain is a long time and I've forgotten a lot of "what goes where." Can anyone identify this part? Where it bolts, what its function is????

It's an electrical part, about two inches long, hanging down from under the dash. There is a brass frame around it which has two bolt holes. When the ignition is turned on, a little nipple retracts. I've started the bike so it doesn't seem to affect the engine.

(I'm trying to figure out how to get a picture up on this post....[Frustrated even more!]

I have a photo here. https://picasaweb.google.com/111472173326623247758/November242012#5814512550522122690

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had my 2004 FJR apart for over two years and am now trying to put back into working order. Two years for this old brain is a ling time and I've forgotten a lot of what goes where. Can anyone identify this part? Where it bolts, what its function is????
I don't have ESP, but with no photo or description I would still guess it's the Kanuter Valve. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a Gen 1, but it looks suspiciously like a glove box solenoid to me :unsure:

Don
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Funny what an actually photo will do...... :)
Oh, wow! You guys are quick....Well, since the bloody bopx hasn't worked for years, I think I'll just by[ass it and figure some other solution. Velcro comes to mind.

Muchas gracias.....

Bob

I don't have a Gen 1, but it looks suspiciously like a glove box solenoid to me :unsure:

Don
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Funny what an actually photo will do...... :)
Oh, wow! You guys are quick....Well, since the bloody bopx hasn't worked for years, I think I'll just by[ass it and figure some other solution. Velcro comes to mind.

Muchas gracias.....

Bob
Velcro will work wonders on that lid my friend! Enjoy! :)

Ah just leave it open and store your iphone in there....it'll be awright......

Answered in 2 replies...

Guess it really wasn't too much of a "puzzle" was it?

And wfooshee...you ARE excused for not knowing. :eek: :p

Oh, look!! The masses!!! :p
...and unwashed, too!
plus_infinity.jpg