The Great White North Liberation Army on the Move Again

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my entry for the Fred W Lame Ass Video Festival this year. Footage is from the Old Hill City Road from Hill City to Keystone.

AbercrombieFJR is in the lead on this Ducati 999. Towards the end I have a major brain fart and just about run out of road. I was watching Kevin and not paying attention to what I was doing.....

https://vimeo.com/132195963

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a close one Bill...
uhoh.gif
weirdsmiley.gif

Good thing you did that on a right hander! Great video. Looked like a fun road, but WTF is with all the track cossings?

Another fine report Bill, did ya have time to pull the seat from your arse before the BBQ? Whew, that was a pucker moment

I've ridden with Bill. Bill is a great rider. Sometimes we get distracted, like he said, and lose concentration for a moment. Sometimes that temporary lack of concentration costs us a great deal. It didn't here.

Thanks for the videos and photos Bill!

Now Bill. Be honest. The left side of the road looked a little cleaner than the right. You can spill the beans.
smile.png
Nice save.
Actually it was the English side in me (my grandfather was a Boer War Vet on the British side) that wanted to ride on the left hand side of the road.

I nearly spilled a lot more than beans on that one. Reinforced the need to pay attention all the time to what I am doing.

Good thing you did that on a right hander! Great video. Looked like a fun road, but WTF is with all the track cossings?
Yep, you cross the same railroad 14 times in around 10 miles in between Hill City and Keystone and none of them cross the road at anything close to 90 degree angles from the road and nearly always on corners. I remember two crossings that are located on a decreasing radius portion, of an off camber, down hill curve, with the railroad track crossing the road the wrong way at about 30 degrees. The road is a blast, and you have it to yourself, but it contains a minefield of dangers like RR track crossing at odd angles and trees growing right next to the fog lines of the outside of corners that will bite you.

Now that's a nice FJR road. Those corkscrews are awesome. Not too much traffic. Forest rats staying away. Plenty of shade. My kind of day.