• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

"The Last" Soltek HID Light Thread!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyway

Reaction score
[SIZE=18pt]GB PRICING ENDS FRIDAY AUGUST 10. PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDER BY THIS DATE, AS PRICING WILL BE REVISED ON MY WEB SITE.[/SIZE]

Since the other Soltek threads are about a mile long, I'm going to spell out the status right here, and them get the others locked down.

The Baja Design HID lights are available on my web site for anyone who would like to buy them. This offer is not restricted to FJR owners. Got a 4WD? Go off-roading and want to see whats ahead? Then go ahead and order them. Heck, even your Grandmother might want a set on her Toyota Prius!! :lol:

Any items can be ordered on my website by anyone. All Baja Designs products on my web site are currently priced at a discount, but will obviously not remain that way for very long. So if you think you might want to aquire any of them at a discount, I suggest you use haste in this matter. Once I revise the pricing on this product to a normal level, it will not be reduced again. The date at which this will occur is TBD, and I will announce it in this thread in and also this very post when I have to cut it off.

Baja Designs assembles all lights to order, and I have given them a spread sheet of all current orders. I will confirm with them on Monday what the estimated ship date will be, if it hasn't already begun.

The light brackets that are available on my website can be purchased at any time by anyone, and you do not have to purchase a set of Baja Designs HID lights to acquire them. The light brackets will be an on-going stocked product from here on out.

My web site can be located here www.skywaymoto.com and the HID lights and related accessories can be located in the electrical section.

Light Bracket status: The light brackets are in production as we speak, and will be mailed out for powder coating before I depart for WFO. When I return from WFO, they will be promptly shipped to everyone. Expect to see them at your doorstep during the week of August 6.

A big thank you to everyone who has already purchased a set.

[SIZE=14pt]Total participants: 32[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea starting a new thread.

Ok folks, to avoid having this one become like the other one - so long it was nearly impossible to find good information - let's keep this thread narrowly on the topic of the Soktek Group Buy. If you have a related technical or install question, start a new thread please.

I will be very quick to move or delete posts that are not on topic.

I've now added a running total of participants in the first thread, along with an edit date tag.

I'm here for others to learn from.

I was not expecting a receipt in the mail, and to my surprise, and my wife's even bigger surprise, it came today.

For future major purchases, I'll request an e-mail receipt.

Any update on this?
Baja Designs should be shipping paid-for lights as fast as they can build them, and the brackets should be in the pipe to the powdercoater and then off to the playa's. Skyway is probably buried, after taking a few days "off" for WFO.

Any update on this?
Baja Designs should be shipping paid-for lights as fast as they can build them, and the brackets should be in the pipe to the powdercoater and then off to the playa's. Skyway is probably buried, after taking a few days "off" for WFO.
Okay, I should have asked a better question. Any update on how many people stepped up and paid?

I am aware it will be a little bit before I get the brackets and light. But, I wish I had them on my way home from WFO.

Okay, I should have asked a better question. Any update on how many people stepped up and paid?
I've now added a running total of participants in the first thread, along with an edit date tag.
From the first post in this thread, 28

Other than that, I suppose he's too swamped to update the total, or it hasn't changed. I know he sold a set or two at WFO, but that might be in the current total.

Orders are now all processed and funds are in route to BD. I have been instructed that all of the orders are assembled and ready to be shipped.

(back home from WFO and feeling a little under the weather)

Payment received today at BD for early GB participants. Lights begin shipping today thru the begining of next week via UPS. There are some others who have ordered further into the GB which I will process this weekend and mail funds on Monday.

Phew, busy, busy, busy!!

Payment received today at BD for early GB participants. Lights begin shipping today thru the begining of next week via UPS. There are some others who have ordered further into the GB which I will process this weekend and mail funds on Monday.
Phew, busy, busy, busy!!
Thank you for the update.

Are the brackets and lights going to arrive around the same time?

Are the brackets and lights going to arrive around the same time?
The lights (wiring, lenses, etc.) will be coming from Baja Designs. The brackets will be coming from Skyway Motorcycle Accesories. I'm guessing they will come in separate packages. :dribble: Maybe they'll come within a day of each other. :)

Attn 2007 IBR Baja Design Soltek GB participants. We are getting down to the wire and I'm doing my best to make sure that everyone gets their stuff in time. If you are a participant in the rally, I would like for you to contact me through my website and copy your order information to me.

I know most of the names of riders who are going to use this light kit, but this is my attempt to make sure that nobody falls through the cracks.

Thanks.

skywaymotorcycleaccessories.com/contact

[SIZE=18pt]BAJA DESIGN GB PRICING ENDS FRIDAY AUGUST 10. [/SIZE]

PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDER BY THIS DATE, AS PRICING WILL BE REVISED ON MY WEB SITE.

[SIZE=18pt]BAJA DESIGN GB PRICING ENDS FRIDAY AUGUST 7. [/SIZE]
PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDER BY THIS DATE, AS PRICING WILL BE REVISED ON MY WEB SITE.
Wow, we have until Friday August 7th 2009 to get these lights at this price! Freaking awesome. :yahoo:

:p

I'm ASSuming you mean Friday August 10th.

[SIZE=18pt]BAJA DESIGN GB PRICING ENDS FRIDAY AUGUST 7. [/SIZE]
Wow, we have until Friday August 7th 2009 to get these lights at this price! Freaking awesome. :yahoo:

:p

I'm ASSuming you mean Friday August 10th.

Well, ya know, Ian is from Wales - so he's in a different time zone now and then. :D

Ian - if any IBA contestant needs lights, use my 'spot' first. I can wait. I only ride 100 miles in daylight, on a good day. I just ordered the lights to look kool... :rolleyes: Kidding aside, serious offer, I'm in no hurry. Come November, when commuting at 0'dark thirty in my neck of the woods... a different story, but not now..

..and you FJR IBA pilots.. do us proud, huh? No more Beemer dudes in the top three spots.. :unsure: We need a top three finish, no excuses! :yahoo: