The Motorcycle Wave....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get this; here in central Indiana, it's about half and half for me on the FJR to get a HD rider to wave. Late one night, while riding home on the highway, a group of HD riders came up alongside and rode with me until we got to my exit. I waved thanks, and headed home. When it's that late, and that dark, it was nice to ride in a group of bikes rather than by myself. They knew that, and that's why they rode along with me.

I'll always remember that night, no matter if HD riders wave or not.

Get this; here in central Indiana, it's about half and half for me on the FJR to get a HD rider to wave. Late one night, while riding home on the highway, a group of HD riders came up alongside and rode with me until we got to my exit. I waved thanks, and headed home. When it's that late, and that dark, it was nice to ride in a group of bikes rather than by myself. They knew that, and that's why they rode along with me.
I'll always remember that night, no matter if HD riders wave or not.

Are you sure that the case was that they just simply lacked the power to pass you?

I wave at everyone, traffic permitting of course....except the BMW Volken...I pop up and give them the roman salute so favored by germans in the 30's..sometimes the Guzzi Ducati dudes too...we musnt forget il Duce ( jest kiddin, I've owned all 3 myself ) !

Blessings,

Bobby

I wave to everyone. I do notice that in SoCal the HD's 99.99999% of the time never wave back.

In fact when I owned a Fatboy, I would wave to everyone and still most HD riders wouldn't wave back. I guess it's the "attitude".

I did notice on one of my trips in NoCal everyone waved, HD's, you name it. Everyone was just happy to be out riding!

Knifemaker....ouch :)

I didn't want to bring that up, they were kinda strugglin' So much for the nice thoughts...

Some newbe's are to cool to way or just suprized ,it wasn't taught in class and the old riders ,nomatter what they ride just don't give a crap. These are usually on the wings and dirty hd's. I wish all i had to worry about was, is the other rider gon'a waaaayyy ,damn do most of us really care??????

Latest posts