They say blondes are dumb, but this takes some beating

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, while we're on the subject of dumb Americans... Does anyone know why Latin-Americans don't speak Latin? I don't see that strong of a connection between the ancient Roman Empire and Central America. No one ever taught me, nor have I ever been able to extrapolate one beyond Catholicism.

Hey, while we're on the subject of dumb Americans... Does anyone know why Latin-Americans don't speak Latin? I don't see that strong of a connection between the ancient Roman Empire and Central America. No one ever taught me, nor have I ever been able to extrapolate one beyond Catholicism.
Spanish connection?

Europe is a country.......right??? :blink:
Well, from the vantage point of we who deal with this type of "intelligence every day...!?!?!? :eek:

The next statement might have been.....

"England is an Island.....right?" :blink:

Better yet: "I'm trying to remember where the border is between England and Britain." :unsure:

The knowldege base of the average American is frightening. Europe is just....well....y'know....over there! :dribble: When questioned, the standard answer is, "I didn't pay attention to that in school, I didn't think I'd ever need to know!" :rolleyes:

These are voting members of our citizenry who elect a president who will appoint silly offices like...Secretary of State. Doh!

Last edited by a moderator:
By pure chance I have just watched someone who is her equivilent on our version of the show.

In a strong Liverpool accent (Liverpool being on the River Mersey), she was asked to name the longest river in the UK. (The correct answer being the Severn). Her answer was

'I only know one river in the UK, that one near London.....oh yeah and that one near my house', (no names though you notice).

Does the 50 pence piece have 5 or 7 sides..........'errr 6'.

I didn't know it was possible to be that stupid......by the way, she wasn't blonde.

You know, we laugh at this, but it is just plain sad. That woman will still go places even being dumber than a brick cuz she looks good.

Pathetic.

I wouldn't get all choked up about how stupid Americans are based on that woman in the video. After having seen that show a couple of times it's my honest opinion that it's fixed in several ways.

They either have actors standing in as being idiots or they screen the contestants and only select the lowest .01% in terms of knowledge and IQ. The other thing I've noticed is the questions are not true to their purported scale. Many of the questions that are supposed to be for 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders seem pretty advanced (like middle school or high school level) and yet the little twerps that are supposed to be 5th graders all seem to know the answers. Do you suppose they might get prepared for the show just a bit?

I believe they do this because that is what gets the best ratings. Making (adult) people look foolish. It seems to be pretty common theme on the Fox network these days. It also seems that, as compared to most "real" game shows, the majority of the contestants being ridiculed are WASP looking. Gotta remain PC, ya know...

Another Fox example is the show "American Idol". It has been documented that this show gets it's best ratings in the first weeks where they show all the people that absolutely cannot sing worth a damn. One has to wonder how they can find so many complete idiots that think they are marvelous singers, who will voluntarily make fools of themselves. Or is it just that they are plants (much more likely). Hey it's just entertainment, right? No harm, no foul...

The counterpoint to those shows is Jeopardy. Except for when they have the celebrities on, the contestants generally make me feel like an imbecile. They just know way too much about way too much. And those damn opera categories kick my ass me thoroughly. :)

You know, we laugh at this, but it is just plain sad. That woman will still go places even being dumber than a brick cuz she looks good.
BTDT...I was foolish enough to marry her. In the final analysis, pretty couldn't hold a candle to the darkness of Du-u-uh-umb! :huh: :(

I wouldn't get all choked up about how stupid Americans are based on that woman in the video.
Fred, I run into too many for it to be an anomoly. Its obvious that people like Jay Leno and his "mic on the street" bits are certainly editing out those who have some basic knowldge.

The counterpoint to those shows is Jeopardy. Except for when they have the celebrities on, the contestants generally make me feel like an imbecile. They just know way too much about way too much. And those damn opera categories kick my ass me thoroughly.
Don't the celebrities make you feel well educated and anchored in knowledge? Opera categories? I have trouble with the classic writers: Shakespeare, Homer, etc. The contestants "cram" for that show.

For those of you who don't know, that was Kelly Pickler, the country singer from the great state of North Carolina. Now I know why I sent my kids to private school OUT OF STATE!

If she would have been naked I could have enjoyed that MUCH better. :lol:

For those of you who don't know, that was Kelly Pickler, the country singer from the great state of North Carolina. Now I know why I sent my kids to private school OUT OF STATE!

I certainly didn't recognize her. So I guess Fox was double dipping with her then. She was such a big hit as a dumb blonde on "Idol" they decided to bring her back on "5th grader."

Europe is a country.......right??? :blink:
Well, from the vantage point of we who deal with this type of "intelligence every day...!?!?!? :eek:

The next statement might have been.....

"England is an Island.....right?" :blink:

Better yet: "I'm trying to remember where the border is between England and Britain." :unsure:

The knowldege base of the average American is frightening. Europe is just....well....y'know....over there! :dribble: When questioned, the standard answer is, "I didn't pay attention to that in school, I didn't think I'd ever need to know!" :rolleyes:

These are voting members of our citizenry who elect a president who will appoint silly offices like...Secretary of State. Doh!

And they can buy and carry a gun also. So Sad.