Thinking about an FJR, couple of questions...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

river

Reaction score
Hello, new to the board.

What should I expect to pay for a used FJR in great shape with say, < 10K miles, ABS, and non-ABS?

What are the important upgrades everyone does? (thinking again about cost)

Thanks a lot....

river

Last edited by a moderator:
10 k on a FJR its still got milk on its breath.

I personally enjoy the ABS feature on mine it has saved my hide more than once from drivers with HUA.

I own the 06' and love it. It had 10k when I bought it.

2006 and later have the heat issus taken care of and ABS is standard. Most do something with the stiff throttle. I do fine with the stock set up with a throttle rocker.

You can pick them up new for $11K....

Thanks.... $11K sounds great, but I'm comfortable buying one used. Still wondering what an 06 with 10K might bring. Guess I could do my homework and hit Ebay...

I picked up my 2006 with 5,000 miles for $9,000.00 with a Corbin seat and Smugler on it

Marcus

Read This tread, another new member wants to sell his '07 for around $10K. Send him a message and get a great bike.

By the way I paid $9900 for a '07 with some farkles and 7300mi. on it.

You can find leftover bikes in some parts of the country and get a new one for under 12k....

First of all, look for a bike with "YES" (Yamaha Extended.....what the hell does the "S" stand for?) Warranty.
Yamaha Extended Service

Might not make sense, but I'm pretty sure that's what it stands for.

When I want some idea of what a used bike ought to cost in my neck of the woods, I look at the Blue Book value for trade in and for retail used value. I've given the link to the Blue Book below. Don't forget to update the zip code to your own.

I would expect to pay less than the retail and more than the trade in value if I were to buy one used from someone other than a dealer. I would expect to negotiate at a dealership, probably starting with their retail used value, and moving down from there.

Farkles add virtually nothing to the resale or trade value of a bike, unless the guy interested in buying has a real bug in his butt to have the farkles.

https://www.kbb.com/kbb/Motorcycles/Default...094820368040100

FWIW, in my professional life b/c of the mechanically abusive environment, we do regular oil sampling for analysis. So I did the same for my engine oil. At 10k miles the engine was just beginning "to mature" and at 14k some trends "imply that it's from lingering wear-in." IMHO break-in may be short mileage but maturity takes much longer. If you find a bike with <10k buy it, it's new.