This bike hates me too!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilmedic13

Reaction score
This just sucks! After spending the last week waiting and installing farkle after farkle, I decided to go for a ride friday nite to fill the rear tire w/ some air before going to visit my dad on the south side. Not even 3 freakin blocks from my house I crashed while hanging a left, the bike hit some trannie fluid from a crash earlier that day and went down sliding to a stop on the sidewalk.

. Hard enough to break my ankle :angry: .

The only good that came of it was several people ran over to me and asked if I needed help. One guy even helped me get the bike up, while 2 cars st :angry: opped and asked if I wanted them to call anybody(911). I told them thanks for asking, but no I'm fine. After checking the bike for damage I mounted up and rode for awhile thinking I only sprained my ankle in the fall. I felt it twist in a weird way but didn't feel the bones snap and fogured it was hyperextended and I'd get over it. After filling the tire w/ air I felt the swelling start to make the boot a little tighter than it should and figured playtime over. So I went home thinking a little ice water soak would hit the spot, until I tried to park it in my garage. It wouldn't let me back the bike up the little incline we have, so I parked it nose first and went in the house to change.

The more I walked the harder it got to ignore, so I said screw it maybe an Xray is in order. I didn't even waste my time going to hospital down the street, figuring they were on bypass and filled to the rim w/ the local drunks. So I went to a hospital that I transport to most of the time figuring it was around 8 pm and they usaully don't start getting hit w/ drunks until 2330 or so.

Sure enough, there weren't too many cars in the lot or ambulance bay, so I parked the and walked across the lot to see A56 in the lot and the medic Rick came to see if I needed help. The look on his face when he realized it was me was worth the trip alone. Afetr being forced into a wheel chair, we rolled into the ER, and many suprised faces :rolleyes: . 2.5 hrs later I'm discharged w/ a temp cast and 6 weeks of boredom.

The wife wasn't too happy but I gave a slightly altered version that allowed me to avoid the 3rd strike sentencing. The bike isn't too bad either, just the stator cover and left saddlebag got damaged, the wife had installed frame sliders the day before :clapping: . So I guess this season is concluded, hpoefully next year is more riding than physics lessons, I think I've covered all of 'em this year.

One quick question, what color is the paint on the stator/generator cover? I have the time, so I'm gonna sand and airbrush the cover and the bag while I'm waiting for the healing process to conclude, hopefully I'll be riding to work on christmas day :lol: , if I can be so lucky.

Man, your right, that just sucks. Glad you didn't get anymore hurt than you did, and the bike isn't too bad either. Heal up quick, good luck on repairs and maybe '08 will be a better riding year for you.

Sorry about the ankle.

I hope you also filed a police report - if there was a crash, the authorities have a responsability to clean it up. Have the bike checked by a dealer and make your claims.

Are you kidding me? tell me it is an early April fools joke?! Just yesterday after doen reading the forum I was like hmm Haven't heard from Medic in a bit got to send him a message. And then this morning after watching the news was wondering if you were involved in the fire rescue in Rogers Park.

Heal quickly.

Keerist Evil... stop it. Glad you're not hurt worse than you are. It's a good thing your woman is a bike mechanic.

hopefully I'll be riding to work on christmas day :lol: , if I can be so lucky.
I wish you all the best but from personal experience last year with a broken ankle. take it easy. I almost broke it again 2 month after surgery playing with my older kid in the house. I was in 100 times more pain then after the original break. Lucky for me screws did not move, but that alone set me back by at least a month. So, take it easy.

Oh, no man.... Oh no...

Damn, that just sucks. Hope your ankle heals up quickly. I can't even imagine confronting the S.O. on that one. All I know is I'd have my tail tucked between my legs.

colorite

Maybe I can send you my crank case cover, since you'll have some extra time on your hands and some extra paint?? ;)

Hey, you know today is election day. I think we could have a new president!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't blame yourself or the bike. Every time I even THINK about oil-on-pavement, or gravel-on-pavement, the old nads start to retreat. If you hit this combo in a turn or a stop, you're usually going down. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Dayum, dude. Okay, we concede. You're the best crasher, you're the best crasher, you're the best crasher...

Now, stop trying to prove it.

And we need to get you a slightly modified "crash club" sig line symbol. Something that denotes your "Crash Club Grand-Poobah" status.

Best crasher and you can turn a cotton swab into a face puckering story. Heal well and the paint colors are in the Bin-o-facts.

Gunny on what Scab said.

... the bike hit some trannie fluid from a crash earlier that day and went down....
First....and again....I'm VERY glad it wasn't more serious than it was. I'm assuming it was dark and difficult to distinguish a spill on the road. Regardless, either me or my attorney would be having a serious heart-to-heart talk with whoever was responsible for cleaning up the crash earlier that day :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
BTDT. Really sorry to read about yours.

1st)... the "This is not happening" thoughts as front washes out and you watch your bike slide.

2nd)..."Oh, this is happening! Why me? I wasn't pushing or speeding, just making a left in the turn lane."

3rd)... everything stops moving, you get to your feet, "Dang me! It doesn't look that bad." As you begin to mentally total the cost of repainting scuffed parts.

4th)... Luckily I don't have a wife unit/S.O. waiting for an explanation, married adult daughters are bad enough. :eek:

Heal quickly! This isn't going to make "momma" happy as you approach Thanksgiving, and it WILL NOT get you out of carving the turkey.

New Years is approaching...next year HAS to be better!

No doubt, this crash thing is turning into an epidemic in the last ten days...ever since that thread started on the debate of "inevitable" or not...creepy...

Man, double-screwed.

First the series of crashes.

Now the washing dishes and s*** that the lady thinks that you'll have time for. :huh:

Heal fast. Sneak out often. :rolleyes:

Bob

BTDT. Really sorry to read about yours. 1st)... the "This is not happening" thoughts as front washes out and you watch your bike slide.

2nd)..."Oh, this is happening! Why me? I wasn't pushing or speeding, just making a left in the turn lane."

3rd)... everything stops moving, you get to your feet, "Dang me! It doesn't look that bad." As you begin to mentally total the cost of repainting scuffed parts.

4th)... Luckily I don't have a wife unit/S.O. waiting for an explanation, married adult daughters are bad enough. :eek:

Heal quickly! This isn't going to make "momma" happy as you approach Thanksgiving, and it WILL NOT get you out of carving the turkey.

The onlt thought that went through my head was "Not again" and "why does it hurt to stand?". Luckily, she was on duty,giving me time to use my imagination for my story. She's not bad in that way, just concerned about keeping me around for awhile. Hell, my dad started squawking about me not riding anymore, thinking she was gonna back his point of view, and she told him to chill :D . You woulda swore she flashed him by the look on his face! Trust me, there are no regrets in having this woman as my wife, I probably don't deserve her.

No turkey day here, she works that day :huh: , christmas is blasted too, she works xmas eve and (hopefully) I'm on xmas day. NYE is shot too, she works 'til 0000, I'm off. But it better be a greatly improved version of this year. As far as damage goes, it's a little worse than a garage drop which suprised the hell outta me.